I never paid $600 for these

You may have just gotten a bleached out RPE. But i would never pay more than 35$ for a rare poly. Hell i got 2 purple deaths for 30$

There were some people in Japan that got nice sized colonies of the Orange Envy for around 15-30 dollars for the colony!

If you can find a way to beat customs, get 10 huge colonies and make yourself a fortune!

I know what Reef Envy's " Envy Orange PPE's" look like, I want to see reef runts colony's.

Yeah, it's funny how things get so expensive simply because they are the "hot" thing right now. A few years ago, zo's were normally priced, like they SHOULD be.

Here are some zo's that I got FREE from a generous member here, MUCHOREEF, when he visited my house one day. That was back in May of 2003 before the Zoo craze hit.

9731redzoos.jpg

I also got these for next to nothing back in late 2003: (like $10 per colony)
9731yellowredzos.jpg

newzos.jpg

Dan

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8109526#post8109526 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reef Junkie

$600 a polyp is just plain greed.

I agree, although I have have made some foolish purchases while in this hobby- six hundred dollars a polyp is madness...T :thumbdown

I always love the post " got got these for $?" when talking about some supposed exotic zoanthid. Then you ask for pictures and they never return to the thread nor does the photos ever show up..........

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8113211#post8113211 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Azurel
I always love the post " got got these for $?" when talking about some supposed exotic zoanthid. Then you ask for pictures and they never return to the thread nor does the photos ever show up..........

Aint that funny? Then these zoas show up for sale shortly afterwards...:rolleyes:

LU359TINMAN,
Too true, idiotic was a better word to describe some of my purchases.

Ahhhhh.

I'm living in the wrong country. I have some that are very similar to these and have been giving away frags to friends.

I don't think they're rare at all are they. Certainly not common , but 600US per polyp? Surely that's a typo.

Matt

Back