I notice alot of people selling or parting out their setups? Whats up?

Good thinking on the freezing. I was more thinking about standing water, or rain water collecting under the house and corroding the chiller, or worse.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12204797#post12204797 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kdblove_99
So what Goodies did you get?

What did you lose?

I will be updating my thread a little later after I finish acclimating. The one bad that was almost dry was a 3" Hawaiian Spotted Kole Tang. Of course, it was the fish that cause me place the order. It is in a bucket right now, but it is not doing well. :( I have it in there with a small powerhead and heater.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12202567#post12202567 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KMP
Best_Cookie-20.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA:rollface: :rollface:

Guys I have been involved with MARS and RC for at least 5+ years and as the club and hobby grows so does the amount of people leaving the hobby. I also feel the lack of knowledge from some of the LFS drive people out thinking it's impossible to keep a healthy tank!

When I first joined MARS the meetings were in a Carrows or something like that then when it was moved to RT pizza there was like 15-20 people at the most! I will have to say back then the DRAMA level was about 1 where as today it is 10. But again I think that goes hand in hand with the amount of people involved in the hobby now.

I say enjoy the hobby for what it is and let the drama slide, you and your tank will be much better for it........................and if you are tired of seeing for sale threads then STOP buying used equipment and support your LFS hahahahahaha :smokin:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12201623#post12201623 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kdblove_99

Also not just the drama with the mars bod but also i remember there was a thread back then about way too many FS threads, people even then were saying there are nothing but FS threads, If i had a search i would find it and the date. I think Justin started the thread!

I think it was too! Or at the very least I was outspoken as usuall on it! :lol:

And now look at me!! :p

But in all honesty that topic came about when the MARS forum was being IMO raped by just a bunch of locals and people that just joined RC, and coincidentally was also around the time where BAR was trying to nix the FS threads so everyone came over to our board to do it! So we had no-name locals, BAR, NVR, and our MARS members trying to sell there stuff on our board and it was just burning me out and alot of others.

Ultimately I do however subscribe to jtarmitage philosophy of these threads as well. Sometimes a little restraint goes along way though, and do when I absolutley am up to my teeth in corals will attempt to let any attention die down on my fellow reefer's FS thread before I post my own.

Now back on topic. A million and one reasons my friend. Alot have been said already. I know for me, I just got finished posting my complete tank setup on craigslist almost a month ago? No one was willing to buy it complete, so I too will be parting it all out shortly. Why? Several reasons. First this tank was setup in the heat of my passion for the hobby. Half the orgasm was just setting it all up to fruition! Now I am getting ready to move and need to prioritize :( Im just hoping out of all of it I'll be able to keep some corals with me, but it's starting to look like that might not even be the case and will have to disperse all of my animals. But as it stands I'll be at least breaking the 30g down as of now.

But as was said, 'tis the nature of the hobby. I think we can all agree that as soon as we could, we dove in hands back, head first into this hobby. Not really knowing the commitment involved. And in time some have realized that commitment could not be held in that particular point in there lives. Doesnt mean they've necessarily left for good but on a hiatus/hybernation untill their at that point in there life where they can enjoy and partake in all that this hobby has to offer once again. At least that's how I feel, and have witnessed before me.

-Justin

Back