I Spy 3 -- More Refinements

This thread can't end as of yet. I still have prize money to give away and there are 2 players that only need a single right answer.

I hate to do it to you isrealnajar, but I think it's time to declare this riddle stumped. You still get your point for riddling, but a new riddle needs to be started and you can't riddle twice in a row.

The answer was...

tuxedourchin.jpg

Tuxedo Urchin

+1 to isrealnajar for riddling. Isrealnajar is now in the lead at +9.

---------------------

I'll start a new riddle soon, but need a moment to think of something, unless someone else wants to step up. Packersfan, do you want to riddle?

Isrealnajar, can you tell me anything about an urchins shell? I've never thought of it has having a shell, but I guess that makes sense. Is it rock hard or more like a carapace?

Good guess tho. I think the shell bit threw a lot of people off. Riddling is open if you want it buccard.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14320171#post14320171 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Whys
Isrealnajar, can you tell me anything about an urchins shell? I've never thought of it has having a shell, but I guess that makes sense. Is it rock hard or more like a carapace?

I believe its shell is more like a sand dollar. As its shell is basically the entire body of the urchin, not including the spines but they do grow from the shell. It has a fivefold symmetry much like a starfish would have.

A carapace is a dorsal portion of an exoskeleton of different animals.

I didn't try to throw anyone off with the shell question, I was hoping the claw question would do it.:p

I didn't actually think throwing people off was your intention. Tho that is a completely fair strategy. The game favors an answer, but if the riddler doesn't use all 3 declines and still gets their riddling point, stumping everyone does give an advantage. For example, you now lead the game.

I also don't think there was anything unfair with any of your answers. It is intended to be a riddle and you deserve credit for picking a stumper. Either way it's a learning experience. Certainly one worth my measly $5. ;)

Hmmm... looks like I need to start a riddle. Give me one more moment.

Back