I was bored, so I made something

minus9

I finally took the time to make an apex toggle box for my tank. I saw a few versions on the interwebs, so I thought I would give it a go. I forgot to take pics while I was making it, but took a pic of the finished version.
I had to sort out the 8 pin connector pin out, then figure out the LED momentary switches wiring so that it wouldn't induce voltage back to the apex when I added power for the led's.
The cool thing is that the box and the momentary switches are IP65 rated, so I'm not worried about wet hands. I don't have to use a power supply to operate the switches, but who can resist not having more lights?
Tomorrow I'll start programming the virtual outlets and fully test the box.
082a0bf2328980eece553b1676f688a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This certainly looks cool. For those of us that don't know what a toggle box does, can you describe it's features?

Sure. It allows you to program or implement a program via your apex with a simple flip of a switch or push of a button. You'll create virtual outlets, which when initiated will run a specific mode, either with lights or wave makers, that can be controlled through the apex. You can shut down pumps, skimmers, etc. It can be simple as initiating a feed mode with a push of a button, instead of using fusion on your computer or phone.
I'm going to program the red switch to shut the whole system down (pumps, skimmers, etc) but only for a certain amount of time as a failsafe. I'll use the white switch to turn on my stand lights. Green button will be feed A, blue button will be feed D (which runs longer and allows me to do some maintenance). I'll probably use the white button to initiate my detritus mode on my wave engine (which allows programming via 0-10v input) and finally the red button to shut off my skimmer to clean the cup, etc.

Sure. It allows you to program or implement a program via your apex with a simple flip of a switch or push of a button. You'll create virtual outlets, which when initiated will run a specific mode, either with lights or wave makers, that can be controlled through the apex. You can shut down pumps, skimmers, etc. It can be simple as initiating a feed mode with a push of a button, instead of using fusion on your computer or phone.
I'm going to program the red switch to shut the whole system down (pumps, skimmers, etc) but only for a certain amount of time as a failsafe. I'll use the white switch to turn on my stand lights. Green button will be feed A, blue button will be feed D (which runs longer and allows me to do some maintenance). I'll probably use the white button to initiate my detritus mode on my wave engine (which allows programming via 0-10v input) and finally the red button to shut off my skimmer to clean the cup, etc.

That would be good for water change mode. I'll have to look into how to make this. Thanks!

Figuring out the wiring for the switches and 8 pin was the biggest issue, but a little trial and error solved it. The one thing to remember, you can't initiate an actual feed cycle on the apex via the buttons, but you can replicate the actions that it creates. I feel you have more control over those actions through programming and virtual outlets, than the basic feed trigger itself.

Okay, I'm really bored, so I made some improvements to the wiring. Now I can disconnect the front panel entirely from the back.
fcaaede81a7f68e5b9aa61e339152ddd.jpg

ae529e558142c76e4a59358dfe12c23f.jpg

Back