I will buy your aiptasia

ReeferKimberly

Marley & Me
Anyone have any rubble rock with lots of aiptasia? I am looking to start a tank just for them because I am going to raise berghia nudibranchs, I would really like a nice matt of aiptasia to get started if anyone has some....

:)

(if I can get a good colony going I would be happy to also give some nudis to anyone who has sold me aiptasia, I already have 3 egg clutches in 1 day)

:headwalls::headwalls::headwalls::headwalls::headwalls:Where were you 5 months ago when my tank was a aptasia breeding ground. I already cooked them all with my rocks and started over. You could have fed a small army of nudi's in my tank, the aptasia population exploded in it.

I think people don't want to admit that they have aptasia, that's why not many responses. I only found one in my tank and it is too hard to reach.

OK, HV1990 -

Your tag line is me right now. Confused. Could you show a pic of what your rock looks like with the aptaisia on it. Not sure f I have any. I do have a peppermint shrimp in my tank, as I have heard that they help with controls of Aptaisia, but, hey, what do I know?

Art

I might have a rock or two for you.

lol on the not wanting to admit we have aiptasia. Don't worry guys, EVERYONE who has live rock WILL get aiptasia. And it doesn't take a whole lot of time for a small problem to become a big problem. We all know how it is unfortunately :( If you don't want to reply here please feel free to private message me. I have one person I am going to meet with aready, he pmed me so no need to even reply here if you don't want to.

HV1990 is it pretty well covered with the stuff? If it's a good amount of Aiptasia I am very interested, anything under 10 may not be worth it as I can breed them pretty fast (can't we all, lol). I live in Roseville, pm me where you are in Sacramento and we can talk :) I will give nudibranchs to anyone who can give me a decent amount of aiptasia. I have to wait until they grow up a bit BUT if you would like to raise your own I have plenty of eggs I can part with when I come to get the rock. All you need to do is keep them in a container until they hatch, they don't need water movement, just change the water every day. Or if you want to get more creative, just float them in bags/containers like I do with a small amount of netting or mesh over the opening (panty hoes work great), then you won't have to do water changes and you can just float them in your DT (I use chip-clips to keep them attached to the side). They will hatch in a matter of weeks, they have no plankton stage (is that the right word?). So they will hatch for you an begin to eat aiptasia right away. And no joke these things are pretty expensive, I wish I would have just been able to get some eggs from someone. My original 5 nudies + shipping was $90 (and that was the rock bottom price I could find, and the smallest nudis available, I have seen full grown for $30 each)

I will pay $7 a pound for rock with aiptasia (more than 10 per rock), same price for rubble rock even though it's usually cheaper. I prefer rubble rock because I am raising them in 10 gallons, but if it's not TOO big, that's ok too. The more aiptasia the better. If it's a rock absolutely COVERED in aiptasia, $10 a pound or more.

Last edited:
The ones I have they are only one or two. I have a spare tank where I can through rubble in and let them go crazy if that helps =)

You don't need to do that, I am :)

If you are offering because you want a nudi or eggs you can get some eggs whenever you want if you pick up, and a couple nudis once I get a good amount, it's no problem.

Last edited:
I can donate some out of my overflow but I need to see if I glued them in or not,if you are willing to buy new pvc fittings for the ones I take with them on it? each pvc 90 x3 has about 30 or so on it.

I will check tonight.

Tom

I don't know how much pvc fittings are but I imagine they are not much, I would pay you for em :) thank you!!! (+ eggs now or adults later if you want either)

HV I live in Roseville just pm me and you can pick some eggs up if you don't wanna wait for adults, or if ya want adults I will make a thread here with them eventually.

I don't know if you'd be interested at all but thought I'd throw it out there. I was in pet extreme in turlock recently and their lr is covered in aiptasia. Like 30+ on a 4"x6" ish rock and their 100g lr tank is about half full. Also covered in coralline and I see a lot of little mini stars in the rock too.

I have two (at the moment) and believe me if I could figure out how to get them off my rock without tearing the tank apart to give you just the aiptaisia I would

Aiptasia

Aiptasia

Hi.....i have a pretty big outbreak on my rock.......call/text me im francisco 5308486201....text anytime, call after 7pm

Back