IceCap 430 question

boydx6

Premium Member
Can anyone tell me the pin location for the IC 430 harness connector? I have a 660 harness that I want to use on the 430 ballast. I don't know if the wire colors are the same either.

Here is the connector.
---------^---------
| 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 |
| 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 |
--------------------

Red:R
Blue:B
Green:G
Brown:Br
Purple:p
Black:BK
White:W

Thanks John, I ask because of these posts in the Icecap forum but it didn't explain it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15380813#post15380813 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dustint21
I have a harness for a 660 and it fits the plug of the 430. My question is can I use it?

Thanks
Dustin

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15382038#post15382038 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by IceCap Service
You can but only half the number of lamps installed will light. The 430 is a single out ballast where as the 660 is dual output.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1673768&highlight=harness

The reason I ask is because my 660 keeps blowing the fuse. Any ideas what might cause this? The 430 was a quick fix till I could figure out the problem with the 660.

The socket fits but the pins are in a different arrangement.

I might be able to assist. You have email.

My 660 kept blowing fuses as well. I called Icecap and they said it is almost always an internal ballast problem and not wiring or bulb connections. If it is not under warranty I think they charge $60 to refurbish it.

Lee

Thanks Lee, I don't know how old it is. I got it used about a year ago. I guess I should have just bought a new one. If I send it in I could have bought a new one for 60 plus what I paid for it.

Check the ballast and it should have to date it was manufactured printed on a label. The warranty is for 3 years (plus they will give a few extra months to account for shelf time).

Lee

Back