ID wrasse

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11641476#post11641476 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xinumaster
Each wrasse took turns in beating the new guy. They might have been jealous cause the new wrasse was more prettier. I turned off the lights but they keep on following him. Poor guy I didn't got the chance to save him. I just saw him floating up side down this morning.

Sorry to hear that. :(

What other wrasses do you have in there? I see a couple of small Halichoeres chrysus, but it's hard to imagine those would fight, let alone kill, that wrasse in a tank that size.

Do you have a sandbed?

These are the following wrasses I have in my display tank.

2 six line wrasse
2 cleaner
2 yellow coris
1 mistery
1 lubbock

I have long been trying to catch the 6line wrasse for a while but to no avail. The second wrasse was actually a bait place inside a trap to lure the other 6line wrasse. But unfortunately, that second wrasse got away and so now I too 6line wrasses in my tank.

I got a pair of percula in my sump too. I'm thinking of adding them to my display tank but I'm worried these wrasses might kill them. Got any suggestion?

My biggest guesses on the culprits are the 2 6lines and the Mystery... Maybe the coris but only if it was full adult ? Lubbocks too a fairy of a wrasse to be aggressive eh ? Cleaners highly doubtfull at most they're pickin at it for dead scales

Cleaners were the first to bully the new wrasse even the Lubbock wrasse was aggressive towards the new wrasse but only when the new wrasse gets close to his territory.

Last edited:
Cleaner wrasses are, ounce for ounce, one of the most aggressive wrasses out there to conspecifics or fish that are similarly colored. It would not surprise me at all if the cleaners killed your Pseudodax.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11648811#post11648811 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xinumaster
Yes. The cleaners killed the Pseudodax. They never stop attacking him.

This makes sense. Cleaner wrasses require a large number of client fish to get enough food in the wild. Any other cleaner wrasses in the area will put a serious dent in their feeding opportunities.

Just throwing it out, you sure you didn't get the fang wrasse " ie' false cleaners??? I know you know your fish too but just throwing out the possiblity

Back