Ideal height off the stand

Really depends on where you want the viewing to take place in terms of sitting down or standing up and having the tank at eye level. Mine sits a few feet in front of the foot of my bed so I made my stands height to where my tank was viewable laying down or sitting on the foot of my bed. Just leave enough vertical room under the stand for your sump and equipment.

Really depends on where you want the viewing to take place in terms of sitting down or standing up and having the tank at eye level. Mine sits a few feet in front of the foot of my bed so I made my stands height to where my tank was viewable laying down or sitting on the foot of my bed. Just leave enough vertical room under the stand for your sump and equipment.

do you think 3,5 feet is too high?

My stand is right at 42 inches high. I have a 36x24x18 tank. It's all preferences for stand height, as I built a friend a stand for his 120 at 38 inches high.

That'll put your tank at 42" to 62" viewing height which depending on your viewing preferences sounds good. My LFS has a bunch of different sized cubes on some stands that are probably right around 3.5-4 feet tall and they look awesome. They would look really cool on the ends of my couch in place of end tables.

Back