identify disease

Pokerman11

I was traveling and while gone my 90 FOWLER crashed. Inverts (snails, crabs) are all doing well. The fish on the other-hand no so good.

Cloudy eyes, one had this velvet like peeling off her. I lost this tang today. Here is a pic.

It was the last fish to die in the tank, so I don't need to worry about treating anymore. Just that I lost some old friends this past weeks, I had 10 year old fish in this tank. This tang was in there since 2011 or before. Not sure how I introduced the parasite, but looks like i did somehow.

I was thinking this tank has Amyloodinium (velvet) not Cryptocaryon (ick) but this fish does not look like either. Thoughts?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
Sorry to hear about the crash :-/. Doesn't look like ich. It can be tough to tell when the fish is out of water. If there was velvety stuff peeling off, my guess would be either velvet or brook, but I'm honestly not confident about it at all.

ya, probably brook or uronema. Something much worse than Ick that I've dealt with before. This tank totally crashed even with treatment of infected fish I could catch and move to treatment tank. They all died within a week.

Added some snails a few weeks ago, not their water but they were wet. My guess is that was the source. Or I cross-contaminated another tank that I bought some chromis for.
Just sad as I lost some good pets.

ya, probably brook or uronema. Something much worse than Ick that I've dealt with before. This tank totally crashed even with treatment of infected fish I could catch and move to treatment tank. They all died within a week.

Added some snails a few weeks ago, not their water but they were wet. My guess is that was the source. Or I cross-contaminated another tank that I bought some chromis for.
Just sad as I lost some good pets.

Yes, chromis seem to have a high propensity for uronema. This trend is now almost four years old; I cannot figure out what has changed to increase the incident rate.

Back