If You’re New Here

griss

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
Please post in this thread. I know it’s in the new to the hobby forum, but it’s a thread for people new to RC.

Hey everybody, I'm doing OK - Thanks! - Currently life isn't letting me have a reef tank but it's good to drop by and see what reef keeping looks like these days. :) Good to see some of the old timers are still here! :)

Hey everybody, I'm doing OK - Thanks! - Currently life isn't letting me have a reef tank but it's good to drop by and see what reef keeping looks like these days. :) Good to see some of the old timers are still here! :)
Just stay off Jesse's lawn :ROFLMAO:

Please post in this thread. I know it’s in the new to the hobby forum, but it’s a thread for people new to RC.
Good morning everyone! I'm Peyton. It's been about 15 years since I've had a saltwater tank (40G), and now that I'm retired from the Air Force, it's time to start up again. I had a buddy give me an old 112ish gallon tank (60" X 24" X 18") with a wet/dry/Sump filter system setup in the cabinet. The price was right, so why not? I've filled it in my garage to check for leaks, a couple drips that hopefully a little tightening will take care of and I'm all set. I'm hoping to set up a reef tank, eventually. Is there anything that you wish you would have done to your tank setup before setting it in place and filling it with water? Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Cheers,

-Peyton

Good morning everyone! I'm Peyton. It's been about 15 years since I've had a saltwater tank (40G), and now that I'm retired from the Air Force, it's time to start up again. I had a buddy give me an old 112ish gallon tank (60" X 24" X 18") with a wet/dry/Sump filter system setup in the cabinet. The price was right, so why not? I've filled it in my garage to check for leaks, a couple drips that hopefully a little tightening will take care of and I'm all set. I'm hoping to set up a reef tank, eventually. Is there anything that you wish you would have done to your tank setup before setting it in place and filling it with water? Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Cheers,

-Peyton
Welcome Peyton and thank you for your service. My maternal Grandfather was a glider pilot during Operation Market Garden in WWII. As a result, I have a huge appreciation for those who have served.

Hopefully, you'll stick around and start a build thread so we can follow along.

After four years of my tank running with no livestock, I’ve decided to update all my equipment and start collecting again. My tanks been running with liverock and ato for the last 3-4ish years. I joined a while back, but was always a lurker. The 200 gallon is back up and running. I redid my rockscape. I did a 60% water change two weeks ago and went on a shopping spree over the holidays and acquired a few of my favorites here’s a list of what can remember.
Ok so
(Sps)
1. RR Blue Thunder
2. TSA Daydream
3. TCK Rainbow Explosion
4. WD
(Zoas)
5. Jf Frankie’s acid trip
6. White zombies
7. Predator
8. GMK
9. Solar circus