"Illest Craze Zoanthids" - weeeeeee

ZURCSREEF

In Memoriam
I got this about a week ago, definitely my favorite out of my collection...

Please do not try to pm me or ask me for a frag, due to my status here at reef central I cannot buy or sell anything. Thanks and sorry :(

"Illest Craze" Zoanthids

illestcraze.jpg

AOI's

nice colony though. Ive had them for a while but have never been able to get them to grow too fast. In fact, the 5 polyps I started with would take me another ....oh........4-5 years to match yours. lol

There must be a huge amount of these comming in lately. It seems like everyone is getting them in the past few weeks. Myself included.

Beautiful zoas non-the-less. Nice colony.

guessing because someone had a bright idea to market them as blue hornets... I see them mentioned alot lately, as that. its a nice looking zoa... wonder how many people have way overpaid thinking it was something more unique than it is though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15024833#post15024833 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by areze
guessing because someone had a bright idea to market them as blue hornets... I see them mentioned alot lately, as that. its a nice looking zoa... wonder how many people have way overpaid thinking it was something more unique than it is though.

Totally. I was thinking about this this morning too, like; "sheesh, there's alot of these around!".
And i wondered too how many buyers didn't know and just went by those same colors, spending crazy money for something, for no reason.
And these colors in particular, don't you think so too? It's crazy.

its a nice color... A bit faded for my tastes, I prefer a more vibrant coloration in my zoas, but atleast it issnt the ussual browns and greens. just isnt anything particularly special about them... which is fine. most that Ive seen were going for very very reasonable prices.

its the Hornet for those that want the name just for the name, but wont pay the price. so you get the blue hornet and pretend its the same thing. no harm in it really, but Im sure a few have been taken advantage of, even if its a modest(in comparison to PH) 30 or 40$ for a frag, its way more than it should be.

PS. none of this is a stab at the OP, this is all just a random thought about it. OP obviously never even mentioned it as a blue hornet. though a bit presumptive that we would all want to buy it :p its understandable.

its been documented with CP for years as a AOI, and I have seen it go for everywhere from $1 to $30 a polyp

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15024924#post15024924 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by areze
its a nice color... A bit faded for my tastes, I prefer a more vibrant coloration in my zoas, but atleast it issnt the ussual browns and greens. just isnt anything particularly special about them... which is fine. most that Ive seen were going for very very reasonable prices.

its the Hornet for those that want the name just for the name, but wont pay the price. so you get the blue hornet and pretend its the same thing. no harm in it really, but Im sure a few have been taken advantage of, even if its a modest(in comparison to PH) 30 or 40$ for a frag, its way more than it should be.

PS. none of this is a stab at the OP, this is all just a random thought about it. OP obviously never even mentioned it as a blue hornet. though a bit presumptive that we would all want to buy it :p its understandable.

There is nothing pale about these suckers, lol. Very bright colors I just suck with a camera.

I got this colony for a reasonable price and they have been showing up a lot lately.

I was at a frag swap today and someone was selling them for $15 / polyp and they were selling a ton, mean while I sold a few frags of ~20 for just about that price. Obv, they were calling them hornets. It's all about the person buying them, some people buy because they like it, most buy because the name. Never understood it, but that is the way it goes.

A bit faded? I am not about all the hype or the name but people beg for these when they see them at any lfs! And yes there are a ton of them coming in right now but atleast some of them are maricultured and not just ripped off of the reef like the so called japanese "deep waters" zos.

I'm 99% sure that i was at the frag swap yesterday that Zurc is refering to and bought a 9-10 head frag of these from him.

They may not be the most insane zoos you've ever seen but i can assure you they are anything but faded;) They are bright and pretty dang sick under actinics.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15027047#post15027047 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sufunk
I'm 99% sure that i was at the frag swap yesterday that Zurc is refering to and bought a 9-10 head frag of these from him.

They may not be the most insane zoos you've ever seen but i can assure you they are anything but faded;) They are bright and pretty dang sick under actinics.

I had the white tub with the white T-5 fixture and banner ;)

I am not sure who you were, was talking to alot of people, but everyone was really nice.

Glad you like them.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for zurc to move on

lol

lets see, check out my new polyps I love that I will not sell to any of you although I was just selling them at a booth yesterday

please dont pm me, as rc members money is no good to me

:rolleyes:

I almost flicked him crap as soon as I read he had been selling them in a booth but I really dont care and knew it would end as soon as i did

so...what did you pay for those wild caughts sufunk?? :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15032362#post15032362 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by flyyyguy
I was wondering how long it was going to take for zurc to move on

lol

lets see, check out my new polyps I love that I will not sell to any of you although I was just selling them at a booth yesterday

please dont pm me, as rc members money is no good to me

:rolleyes:

I almost flicked him crap as soon as I read he had been selling them in a booth but I really dont care and knew it would end as soon as i did

so...what did you pay for those wild caughts sufunk?? :)

Lol, i guess there is more to this story than i know.

I got a frag of about 12 polyps for $20. Not bad for a decent frag of zoas that i didnt have.

thats not bad and if i didnt have them already would have paid it in a second wild caught or not

Back