I'm back in the game!!!!

TikiDan

Premium Member
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1680798

Come follow the progress in the Wine Country Reefers forum

30cube.jpg

Welcome to the 30something gal cube club Dan. A lot easier to maintain, do water changes etc... A welcomed change from my 100.

I'm looking forward to running a simple, sumpless system.

A big change from my 120g seahorse ranch....SO MUCH POO!!!!

Top off and WC are soooo much easier and quicker. No sump to deal with. Get your self a deltec MCE600 and you'll be happy.

Back when I had my 120 planted with prolifera in the sandbed my water was pristine!!! the more macro and seagrass I had the less water changes I had to do. It was so much easier to prune plants than to change 40 gallons of saltwater...and cheaper too :)

Here is a shot of the 120g
_MG_6582.jpg

HAHA, funny, I just got back in the game from a long hiatus with the same tank. I just set it up yesterday and threw some rock in it. Will be adding rock and starting the aquascaping today. Sad to say but this will be a FOWLR. Sorry to hijack!
photo-1.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15455614#post15455614 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Solitaryensis
HAHA, funny, I just got back in the game from a long hiatus with the same tank. I just set it up yesterday and threw some rock in it. Will be adding rock and starting the aquascaping today. Sad to say but this will be a FOWLR. Sorry to hijack!
photo-1.jpg

I think is not hijack; if you look at the local forum, it has turned into a craigslist community due to the suck-ish economy
Is nice to see people posting other than getting out everything for sale.

agreed, It is nice to see people building instead of selling...although I could use a power head or two. hehe :)

Thanks guys.

Dan - Are you planning a reef with your tank? Doesnt look drilled so if so, are you going to be running a skimmer? Sump? I tossed around a couple of ideas and in the end, I just didnt have the time or energy to build a full-blown reef (like I would have wanted to). This will be my first foray into the FOWLR scene and ill admit, im sad, not only because I wont be keeping any corals but also because this is new to me and im finding that im asking "noob" questions :). No turnnig back now (I used tap water).

Anyways, this is the latest rendition. I know it looks sterile and artificial (iPhone camera) but in person, it actually has a lot of depth and shape :)

photo-2.jpg

I want to have very little rock. The plan is to model this after a freshwater planted tank instead of a reef. I want it to look more landscape oriented than reefscapes are typically designed. very simplistic with emphasis on the fish and plants.

Give it time, when it matures you wont even notice the lack of rock :)

Eventually, I will have turtle grass lining the back of the tank and shoal grass in the foreground.

I still need to get some branch rock!!!

Back