im going to cancun =P what can i bring back?

woowoodengy

Upgrading my 20gal
im going to cancun tomorrow. WOOHOO. is there anything i can bring back to help the tank. maybe sand or something? i am currently setting up a 260 gal and will add water when i get back so im not realy asking about livestock i guess, just looking for suggestions.

i dont really like mezcal but i love good tequila. i will pour the tequila while we get your tank going too.

here is a pic of my 260 ready for water. (i removed the plumbing and sump to paint)

IMG_5653.jpg

Re: im going to cancun =P what can i bring back?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15541759#post15541759 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by woowoodengy
im going to cancun tomorrow. WOOHOO. is there anything i can bring back to help the tank.

A lady friend maybe?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15541851#post15541851 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skunkmere
get some dry rock, i got 50 ibs for 30 bucks in mexico city, just dont over pay.

just got 160lbs of marco rock so i wont need any more. but i may get a piece of live rock to help seed.

Re: Re: im going to cancun =P what can i bring back?

Re: Re: im going to cancun =P what can i bring back?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15542101#post15542101 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr. Thingdoer
A lady friend maybe?

she may have swine flu.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15542138#post15542138 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JPSKI25
a good "night in a Mexican jail" story!!!

one of the times i went to cancun i got caught urinating in public after a long night out. i paid 4 cops a 20 dollar bill and took off before they could say thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15542276#post15542276 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by moon jelly
Careful of the live rock. It might have some contaminants in it.

ooh i didnt think of that. what kind of nasty's can be on there? is it worth the risk. maybe if i qt the lr for a while.

I would think with the die off bringing it home, you'd be better to just buy some local. All kinds of nasties can come back with it!

sand would be the last thing i would try to bring back, please do a search and you will find out about how cancun is losing sand to erosion and other factors quite rapidly. Recently a hotel was closed for allegedly pumping sand in to fill their beach and for building illegal breakwaters. I would think it would not be nice to be caught trying to haul away a bag of sand.

Back