Im looking for some RO/DI water and some LR...who wants to sell me some?

on_ice

Im gonna try to start my tank this weekend, does anyone have any LR and RO/DI water they want to sell me? Just so I can save a few bucks then from the store. If I were to buy water from say...publix. Would I just get distilled water?

Weclcome aboard, what area are you in, many of us have RO/DI systems, and if not, I would recommend a local fish store(LFS).

While Publix water will work, it is inferior water at a much higher price... IMO don't bother.

I think akwtampa had some LR for sale cheap, under $3 a pound. go back a page or two in the forums, it wasn't very long ago.

I am in New Tampa. I messaged him already but he is semi-far away.

Also I have a Nano Cube 24 stand and 20#s of Live sand that I would like to trade!

Also need: hydrometer, salt, test kit if anyone has any but I was planning on buying those new anyway.

any LFS in the area is willing to sell you RO water and live rock, its a shame everyone is trying to cut corners and not support local business, then people wonder why the economy is the way it is...

Yep, everyone that sells a used car or buys a house thats not brand new IS A HORRIBLE PERSON! Plus, it doesnt hurt the economy at all. Just transfers buying power. If you took any economics classes you would know that my buying power will decrease, and the seller's buying power will increase. Then he can use his increased buying power to purchase an iPhone, some SPS, or put gas in his car. Im happy, they are happy, the Mac store is happy, but you probably still would not be. An economy operating at the margin FTW! See you in the line up....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11679021#post11679021 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Surferlopez
any LFS in the area is willing to sell you RO water and live rock, its a shame everyone is trying to cut corners and not support local business, then people wonder why the economy is the way it is...

why be mad at him?is it because he isnt buying it from YOUR store?i bet you have purchased stuff from fellow reefers as well,blame the economy on the current leaders and policies,not on ice buying liverock lol.

CMcNeil, I think "MY" store is a bit far for him anyways, how about this, lets just forget I said anything, lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11679828#post11679828 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Surferlopez
on_ice, check out gulfster.com

I dont have any boards on this coast...

Holy crap batman, economics on reef central. I took the same course that on_ice did.
Otherwise, what size tank are you setting up?
What's your plan for it?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11680714#post11680714 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mflamb
Holy crap batman, economics on reef central. I took the same course that on_ice did.
Otherwise, what size tank are you setting up?
What's your plan for it?

Its a 24 gallon nano cube, why you have some water for me?

OT:

I have a few boards, the boards I usually use are a 5'10" Local Motion Fish, 6'1" squash also by local motion, and a 8'10" Aloha three fin longboard on the small/teach the girlfriend days. Now that I go to school over here I dont really surf all that often But I do wakeboard/skim.

I always have saltwater mixed. If you can come over on Saturday, you can have all you need for free. It's mixed from 0 TDS RO/DI water and Reef Crystals salt. Make sure you bring some containers. Bring one for RO/DI water also. You will need top-off water.

Back