I'm so ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14763591#post14763591 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jglackin
Really? How many people do you personally know that have lost fish to ich? This is the exact same stuff I heard when I had my outbreak. I did my research and talked to experts. The universal response from the experts was that ich doesn't kill fish. Stress and other issues kill fish. Ich was likely in his tank, and my tank. Long before this outbreak. A stressor triggered the visible signs eliminate the stressor and the fish will recover.

Ich is *not* deadly to fish.

Take a breath, there's no need for a discussion about Ich to get heated.
Ich (the visible signs that we recognize) is brought on by stress. I think we all know that Ich can be in our tanks for years, and we never see it. That doesn't make it harmless, IMO. If the parasite is in a tank for years, that means it's going through it's life cycle, which means that (although we may never see the signs we recognize) the parasites ARE attaching to and feeding off our fish.
When something happens to stress a fish, or otherwise weaken it's defenses (usually the aquarists' fault), Ich grabs hold, and further stresses the already weakened fish.
Yes, this can end in the death of a fish in fairly short order if the cycle is permitted to continue.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14763591#post14763591 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jglackin
Really? How many people do you personally know that have lost fish to ich?

I have read numerous threads here on RC of people losing uncountless numbers of fish to ich.

I did my research and talked to experts. The universal response from the experts was that ich doesn't kill fish. Stress and other issues kill fish.
Ich is *not* deadly to fish.

Experts? Who are these "experts" you speak of?

Ok guys lets let it go, I have read the posted links above and appriciate the info. I will now go with what I feel will work best for my tank and my situation. I will let you know how it plays out . I can say it does look much better this morning and I did whip up a batch of very garlicy food . Like everything in this hobby some people do things one way others do things another. Thanks again for the advice, James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back