imac

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15483421#post15483421 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by agsansoo

I also hope people stop rocking the boat so much. :lol:
I thought we were having an earthquake.

OK that just wasn't me that felt that :lol:

We had a strict policy of no onsite fragging. One vendor called a few days prior to authorize his last second cuts but he didn't have any Darth Mauls. If you see any vendor you feel is violating this rule we'd appreciate anyone pointing this out to us so we can enforce the rule.

As for the water we used the exact same water source as both RAP and MAX. Most of our vendors used this water source with zero problems. The tank in question looked bad a mere few hours after being set-up. The vendor was informed by multiple people that night but unfortunately it was simply too late for most of the sensitive corals. This was a bad situation all around as we have a deep concern with all life. [/B][/QUOTE]

It didn't appear to me that he acknowledged there was such a rule. That DM frag was on the bottom of his tank close to the back row of "sold" frags. When I asked about the DM, he said that's not for sale now but he might frag it. Then I saw him borrow frag plugs and scalpel from other vendors. At that point, I just turned away for the reasons I mentioned before. When I wandered back to his booth, I saw one polyp frags of DM and the original DM frag was gone. I didn't see him actually "frag it" but I think what I did see was enough to convince me so. If you want the name I can give it to you in PM.

I'd like to say I can't complain, because I won the Neo Nano tank in the raffle. It's already filled... LOL

We went on Sunday and it's a three-hour drive for us. The overall lack of energy was rather disappointing.

I have to admit that while I sort of wanted to see some of the lectures, I just didn't really have the patience after the drive. Hopefully, I'll go to some next time. I'm sort of in an information lull right now, and not really searching for answers as much as I used to.

I did get some good deals on some frags, but I would have liked to have seen some more of the manufacturers there with new stuff. I really liked that at MAX. My fiance was sort of doing some product scouting for our LFS, but there wasn't a whole lot of exciting stuff to be seen.

Hi Folks.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank not only the organisers for laying on such a superb event, but also all of you who attended.

For me, it was a great honour to be invited across the pond and be given the chance to present, Hopefully for those of you who came to the banquet, it was an enjoyable experience, and I hope that in some small way I helped those of you who I spoke to over the course of the weekend.

As a frequent participant in many trade shows within the motorcycle industry (my normal day job) and other reef keeping events throughout the Uk I feel it should always be remembered that the ultimate success of any show rests on people getting up out of the comfy chair and attending. The more people go, the bigger the success and feel of the show in future years, and the more bang you get for your bucks.

IMAC has huge potential. but it takes hobbyist attending to make it a success. Without you guys, we are basically talking to empty seats. (easyer, but no where near as much fun)

Whilst that may not bother a small minority, it should be remembered that speakers always try to put something worthwhile and often new or cutting edge into their presentations...often taking a different tact, or clarifying verbally what can all to often get misinterpreted in print and passed on repeatedly via other channels. What we commonly aim to do during presentations, is set the record strait as it were, clear up confusions, or break down barriers that limit progression with new and exiting ideas, or more in depth information that has been gained from further research or experience. Christine Williams Presentation was a great example of just how important even a basic level of understanding is with regards to certain aspects of our hobby, be that a novice or experienced keeper.

imo, shows shouldn't be just about 1 or other aspect...they should be for everybody at every level and cover as much ground as possible be that frags, full blown stock, talks, literature, equipment sales, hard parts, additives etc etc...the list goes on and shouldn't be exclusive.

With regards to the speakers, I think IMAC covered this admirably.

Kind regards and thanks again to all. It realy was a pleasure to be included, and visit the USA for the first time...(even if i was staying on a ship that was based only 7 miles away from where i type this post...talk about irony)

Simon Garratt o.c.r.d

Last edited:
I happened to get the opportunity to listen to your presentation after the banquet. I was truly impressed and walked away with new knowledge of why I will never be able to maintain a school of powder blues (unless of course I happen across a bunch of weak intimidated Powder blues) Thank you again for some positive words on IMAC. I found it to be a fantastic learning experience and hope that they continue on for years to come. The Queen Mary was awesome for a location. And hopefully this won't always be too sophisticated for SoCal reefers that seem from this thread to only be interested in cheap frags sold as close to their house as possible. Frank, you did an awesome job!

Awesome photos, Jessy! The ones from the Observation Bar came out really nice.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the compliments. I enjoy taking pics for a hobby and always try to get a unique perspective on whats going on. Peter I've got more pics of you...just haven't had time to edit them.

Wow! I didn't get to go because my Mom passed away on the 29th. I am thrilled to hear so many nice things and see all those pictures. I can't wait for next year's show.

Pamy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15506823#post15506823 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jessy.
Thank you all for the compliments. I enjoy taking pics for a hobby and always try to get a unique perspective on whats going on. Peter I've got more pics of you...just haven't had time to edit them.

thanks Jessy!

how can we get one or more of the pictures for our very own?

Carl

Carl, i realized after putting this up that the flash gallery wouldn't let you save the pics. I'm making another gallery so that you can take the pics.

I Flew all the way from Minnesota with my Friend (who is also on here) To Go to IMAC We 100% LOVED IT! and we met sooo many new friends it was outstanding!
We will be going to next years and the year after that as well!

HUGE PROPS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS HAPPEN!

I can't express how awesome you guys were to us out of towners!

Becky and Mary

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15484258#post15484258 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stevensun

I didn't see him actually "frag it" but I think what I did see was enough to convince me so. If you want the name I can give it to you in PM. [/B]

yeah that was me LOL I didn't know I commited such a violent crime haha, the DM's I fragged are in my systemn doing great! They made the trip back to Colorado very well.......I had bought them from a guy in CA (not a vendor at the show) in hopes of hauling them back home and growing some out here. I was a little worried about them sitting under the eggcrate all weekend so elected to cut them and sell off a few, if that upsets the organizers of the show enough to ban me next year I'm fine with that. I understand the idea of "farming" and not bringing in fresh wild colonies, however these DM's were tank raised 3rd or 4th generation captive frags..........I'm not sure why cutting them onsite to spread them around rather than not selling any was so bad.

Anywho, I really look forward to RAP next, I think that is a much bigger event for frag sellers and buyers alike and I can only hope IMAC goes on next year and has a better attendance!

Chris

Back