In a tank by itself?

Deberber

I made the mistake of putting a yellowtail damsel in a 29 gallon biocube. Needless to say, he is territorial. I am going to remove him. I was wondering if he could go in a tank all by itself? Thank you for any response.

If it's the same damsel as the one in your avatar then you need not remove it. They're relatively harmless, one of the most peaceful damsels. They might pose and bluster but they won't hurt anything... Unless you have a particularly mean individual. And yes, they'll do fine alone.

He's trapped my canary fang blenny in the top right of corner a couple of times and pestered my jawfish from coming out.

I have two in a 17g and they're model citizens. They're not friends but respects each others territory.

S/he'd do fine in a tank alone. You could keep inverts alongside the damsel, and have a really interesting little tank. A 20g with a coral banded shrimp or cleaner shrimp, maybe 10 hermits of different types, an emerald crab, some hardy lower-light corals and macroalgae and one, bright blue and yellow 'centerpiece' fish might be a really neat little environment to watch.

Back