Indecisive... help!

Lhewie

I have already cleaned my 55 gallon tank and now my big problem is... LIGHTS! I wanna get some LED's but its so dang bright that im gonna be blinded in my room. I have no canopy. I cannot build one because i dont have the tools.

I want to buy the ATI Sunpower instead, but i cannot hang it on my ceiling...

So im left with a choice of Aquatic Life T5 6 bulb.. Which is good.. i had a 4 bulb before. BUT! i dont know what to doooooo because having the Aquatic life seemed to be not as good as the ATI Sunpower.

CONVINCE ME TO COME BACK PLEASE! :worried2:

I have the Aquatic Life T5 6 bulb with ATI bulbs. It seems to be doing well. I have also added the ATI reflector to the Aquatic Life unit.

True. But i heard they dont really last that long. I want an ATI sunpower but heck i dont even know how to hang it.

I read on some other posts that the TEK fixture legs will work on the ati fixture. They said to take the acrylic cover off and line the holes of the TEK stands up on them then just drill and screw them in. This would be a simple DIY

QUOTE:
get the tek legs.
take you powermodule or sunpower acrylic cover and line up the tek mounting hole so they centre on the acrylic.
drill and tap holes for for the screw
insert screws
mount

I have also seen on here where guys are using electrical conduit to make hangers for the ATI fixtures. They bend the conduit at the store put the tool back on the shelf then leave,Only purchasing the conduit.Hope this helps.

You would be surprised how little light spills out from LED lighting with lenses. I have an Aqua Illuminations SOL Blue fixture over my 50 gallon cube in our living room and there is less light spilling into the room then when I had MH lighting in a canopy. It's a little hard to tell from the photo, but there is less light than you would think.
50Cube002.jpg

Thanks a lot for the help guys. With the LED's, im planning to purchase the Chinese LED's . Ive seen them without a canopy, man its blinding... The tank is in my room so... yeah. lol

As far as the sunpower, im going to try and look for that.

as well as the electrical conduit.

Back