Info on A. Lokani & A. Turaki

Saldarya

In Memoriam
Hey all,

I was looking for a little real life feedback on these two species. I recently picked up a Lokani, nice piece, and it has responded to the new tank well thus far with some decent PE and retaining the color after 2.5 weeks.

That being said, I know the frag was grown out under HO VHO, and I currently run 250w 10K's over my tank, so I have placed it near the bottom for adjustment.

The question is where do you all place your lokanis? Low in the tank? Do they respond well to high light over time? Does the purple color shift based off of the amount of light?

All water quality is in good order, I am mostly asking about lighting, flow, and placement considerations.

Same question about Turaki, as I am looking to pick up a piece of this species this weekend.

Thanks!!

I've had both species over a year. Both are a little lower than midway the tank; the Lokani maybe 2/3 down. In my tank that means anywhere from 24-30 inches from the lights (a combination of 250W 10Ks and 400W 20K radiums). They have maintained all of their original color at this depth but grow very slowly. Never tried moving them up. Water flow around both would be considered moderate but random.

i have found the turaki's to color up best high up, flow is high, they seem to grow pretty fast,

i used to have my turaki about 6 inches under a 400w 10k xm that was mounted about 13inches above the water. it grew quite nicely and kept its briht blue / green color

Tim

"it grew quite nicely and kept its briht blue / green color"

Even with it 7 inches out of water??!!!! ;)

Thank you for the replies all. I will grab a pic of the Lokani tonight and post for fun, hope to pick up the Turaki on Saturday. Again, thanks for the info!!

i have them up high. fast grower and good color.
Which, Lokani, Turaki or both?

My 30,000 League Lokani, color is much deeper.
60Lokani.jpg

Hi Rays,
Did you get that from Live Aquaria? I just had one shipped to me from them today......my wife put it into the tank for me since I am working now......hope it looks like yours! ;)

Looks great! That's how mine came in. They're both about 2/3 up in my 55, under 2 10K 250 XM's with two VHO110 actinics. Good luck!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8844374#post8844374 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Neptune777
Here is my Lokani after it arrived today...I'm happy!

117984DSCN0037.JPG

Is that from Live Aquaria? My 30K lok is in FED EX hands as I type. Should be here tommorrow. Decent sized frag my luck you probably got the big one.

Hi Covey,
That is indeed from Live Aquaria.....first time I have ever order from them.....I'm very pleased with the results!

Hope you get a nice one as well...

Well they were on sale from there normal price and the two that where in my order where both good size. There it is second from the right.
DrFSFrags.jpg

Real happy with the order.

Almost all our tanks are 24" deep, the depth is irrelevant. Water stability and quarantine habits are are your best bets. If you know what they had been accustomed to it is a plus, but every tank is different..

Back