Inherted a 57g rimless, now what?

Dubs83

My boss needs to get rid of his 57 rimless and I am the guy to take it off his hands. What can I say? The MTS has gotten the best of me! Thanks to him being the uninformed aquarist, and I truly believe he just doesn't know any better, I now own a 6"-8" Queen Angelfish and a yellow tang. I know both of these fish need a bigger aquarium and so I was wondering what the best thing I can do here is? I thought about calling my LFS to see if they'll take them in for store credit but at the same time, I'd really like to see these fish go into a properly sized tank. Any suggestions?

-Paul

If they had been living in that tank before, I might keep them there until they re-acclimate to your house and put them for sale here. Chances are you will get more money for them than your LFS would be willing to give you for them and you can make sure that they go to the right home. Besides at the LFS, they might have to wait in rougher conditions than they are now.
Are you close to a big city? That might help with moving the fish.

Look for a local online reefing community. Or put the fish on craigslist. Either way, you can control who you sell the fish to. Kudos to you for wanting to do the right thing! :bounce1:

My only concern is I'm not setting up the 57g for a while. I'm new to the hobby and my tank (40b) has only started showing signs of being ready for life a week ago. I hope this doesn't look like an excuse, I'd just like for this fish to be as happy as I can make it until I find a good home. I'll post a FS ad as soon as I get the guy home. Thanks for the help!

I'm near NYC and would rather not ship as I have little experience with such things (especially now that the weather is getting colder)

I'm near NYC and would rather not ship as I have little experience with such things (especially now that the weather is getting colder)

There's also a "for sale" forum on here, and lots of RC members near NYC. I'm thinking you won't have a problem moving a Queen Angel and YT.

Back