Initial Fill

divecj5

I am going to be filling my 55 on Friday and wanted to know what's the best way to clean out the tank before adding the water? I have to peel off some of the advertising stickers,etc. but also wanted to know the best way to clean out the inside of the tank? I'm just figuring a good rinse with RO/DI water would do the trick but wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Adam

Use a razor blade if the stickers don't peel off good and wash down with RO/DI water and you should be ready to go.

Awesome....thanks for verifying what I was thinking. It's nice to have a little support for what my "newb" mind is thinking sometime :)

Hey guys...thanks for the input. I was figuring that you could just rinse it out with a hose but I'm living in an apartment and thus no access to a hose bib. I just figure I paid the money for the RO/DI unit so I might as well get some use out of it :)

I'm sure just about any way would work, I just wanted to make sure to try and avoid needless mistakes with this first step.

Thanks

Adam

whoops. well, i'm halfway into filling a 90G tank right now w/ a 30G sump. no rinsing. seriously though, there is a line in the sand with this hobby labeled "Too far" and i think using RODI water to rinse out the tank is on the other side of that line. :) At some point, I'm finding, I just throw my hands up and say "Who the heck cares!?" It's not a clean lab, it's a reef aquarium. It usually takes about a day before I return to my previous nerdy AR ways though. :)

I would wipe it down with some vinegar and tap water. There is no reason to us RO water for the cleaning.

Back