Installing an Osmolator. The hard way.b

Sk8r

Staff member
RC Mod
After two hours of work with two injured hands (not the fault of Tunze) the worst instructions since the back yard gazebo, and a small plastic clip that came within a hair of getting sucked into the intake of an Iwaki pump---I can say it's running. I used Teflon tape to 'adapt' the hose into the gripless little pump, and despite instructions and dim pix which never clearly tell you the black pointy thing is the level sensor and the white one is the flood indicator---and a wire connection which required LEANING on the pliers to make the blue wire stay in---we are RUNNING. To summarize, the black thingie IS the sensor that should be at the desired water level.

O ye who do You Tube bits, there is a crying need for one with good close-ups.

I noticed my replacement pump fits poorly into the RO tubing. However, it’s a great bit of gear. One of the most long lived, reliable pieces of gear in my tank. You might regret the setup but you won’t regret the device! Congrats on the gift/purchase!

Many people have nothing but good things to say about them but I'm not a fan of the Tunze asmolator. I just find them too finicky. I have 2 of the 3155 ato's and both are in storage. One has never even been opened.
The metering pump however is awesome.

Wish you the best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Back