Intro to group and question

zues2006

Hello,

I wanted to quickly introduce myself to this group. I have been in and out of this hobby for almost 20 years now.
I have always had little tanks, 20 G, 30 G, with phosphan reactor, tiny protien skimmer, MH 250W lighting, and a small sump. Nothing too serious.

I have been out of the hobby for about 5 years now. I still have my old equipment, and I was going to prep to build a stand and canopy for a likely 90 gallon tank with sump underneath.
Do you all do anything to prep for earthquakes regarding the tank stand/canopy ? If the big one hits, I imagine the tank will break regardless, but do you all strap the tank stand to the wall or do anything for planning for little shakes and shimmys throughout the year ?
Not sure if it matters, buy the tank is locating in a house on a raised foundation. Very secure foundation, as it zig zags under the house.

Hello, welcome back. Had the same questions a few years back, after being out the hobby for sometime. stumble upon this vid. https://youtu.be/HWhI6QaJq2Y
After watching it, I still didnt strap the tank down.. strudy stand would help out greatly.. if a big one hits, my tank is the last thing on my mind.. just saying

Funny I heard not to strap the tank to the wall, I am not sure that you are in Ca. but if you are worried about earthquakes I would get a euro braced tank, build my stand like King OF DIY on you tube.

Thanks for the info! That was an interesting video. I will do more research and see what I can find. I'm not 100% either way.

Back