Is gorilla super glue gel reef safe?

Reeferparty

49d331722e25c428f4c023c7e6e0220b.jpg

Hoping to get a quick response! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it, but they are not kidding about shake well. It separates and it's super thin at the top if you don't shake well. As long as you shake it works fantastic!

Whiskey

It had better be safe! I have been using it (and other SG gels) for many years now in my tanks.

The gel is the key. I'm glad others responded. I recently used because SuperGlue gel I had hardened and it's what I had. And had no idea if it was safe even though chemical make was same, who knows what the leave out of description of compound.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Are the gel super glues easier to use than the searchem reef glue? I always end up having to hold the coral FOREVER on the rock to get it to stick/harden and even then sometimes I have to knock the glue off and start over.

Are the gel super glues easier to use than the searchem reef glue? I always end up having to hold the coral FOREVER on the rock to get it to stick/harden and even then sometimes I have to knock the glue off and start over.

Frag/coral, superglue, epoxy, superglue, stick on rock, push firmly. Works like a charm.

The key, IME, is to use a TON of the product. A big huge ugly blob. It will skin over when it hits the water - if you use a big enough blob, the middle remains totally uncured, and when you get it in place you can give it a wiggle against the rock - this will break the skin, expose the uncured glue, and fix it in place.

The key, IME, is to use a TON of the product. A big huge ugly blob. It will skin over when it hits the water - if you use a big enough blob, the middle remains totally uncured, and when you get it in place you can give it a wiggle against the rock - this will break the skin, expose the uncured glue, and fix it in place.

+1, need to try that.

Back