Is it against the rules here to really rail on a LFS that robs folks??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurry up Mark, I have to go to bed sometime tonight....and if I keep posting I might just catch up to you, I am right behind you in the amount of posts we have:rolleyes:

I am not a big fan of he said/she said. It seems if it is worth telling, the person it happened to would relay the story.

Like they say, everyone has a right to know who is the witness against them.

Wow, I gotta give Mark some credit that his willpower has lasted this long.

That in itself should be commended. I probably couldn't remain silent if it was me.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15702497#post15702497 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NONNA58
Hurry up Mark, I have to go to bed sometime tonight....and if I keep posting I might just catch up to you, I am right behind you in the amount of posts we have:rolleyes:

what she said

You can say whatcha want - the man is brilliant! By not saying something, he's kept most of Central Florida up past midnight. At least those of us who don't have a life. :cool:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15702539#post15702539 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD
I am not a big fan of he said/she said. It seems if it is worth telling, the person it happened to would relay the story.

Like they say, everyone has a right to know who is the witness against them.

+1

I don't know how they determine what is bashing and what is not, but on other forums if the LFS is a sponsor and they lodge a complaint the thread is probably going to be closed.

If this crappy LFS you speak of is not a sponsor on here, I say flame away!

I think it is important for us to know which local fish store screws their customers, and which ones do not. If there was a bad experience then flame away!

The trouble with threads like this is they turn into name calling by a lot of people that aren't even involved. The facts get lost in the whole thread.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15702046#post15702046 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jordan3548
If they stop you I take that as they support us reefers being robbed.

:rolleyes:

Whether the name of the store is posted or not. Like mflamb posted once, just know that the local reefing community will share their stories (good and/or bad), either at LFS or at club meetings. This story will get out if it is posted or not. Shame on whoever "robbed" a fellow reefer.

Now that it is established as OK to do. The person this happened to will post their experience tonight.

And as said here allready. I hate to see it turn into a name calling immature thread. I just think it's only fair to let folks know the bad things about their LFS as well as the praise we heap upon them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15704484#post15704484 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GrouperGenius
And as said here allready. I hate to see it turn into a name calling immature thread. I just think it's only fair to let folks know the bad things about their LFS as well as the praise we heap upon them. [/B]

Absolutely bad experiences should be shared! A business that treats a customer unfairly should expect that other potential customers will find out and use that information to make an educated decision about whether or not to patronize that business!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15704572#post15704572 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by brynkal
Absolutely bad experiences should be shared! A business that treats a customer unfairly should expect that other potential customers will find out and use that information to make an educated decision about whether or not to patronize that business!

+1

While the forums are a great place to share our experiences. Try to keep them positive. Too often I hear people say "they no longer follow the threads on RC because of the drama."

Fact is: There is very little drama compare to all the really great information and content offered here every day by fellow reefers.

A negative post may be helpful to some but will most likely have more then one point of view of what occurred; sometimes the events are mis-construed, if told second hand. You should first consider asking the store owner his/her side and offer the store/vendor the chance to come up with a solution before posting publicly. Even then it would likely create some sort of drama IMHO.

If the place happens to be one of the TBRC sponsors, consider asking one of the BOD's to call them to help clear-up a dispute prior to posting. If it's just bad business practices and can't be resolved, my experience is they won't last long and word will get around anyway.

Again IMHO try to keep posts positive.

I don't see any reason for this thread to continue. If someone has first-hand experience and wishes to post it, they may do so.

As for the comment that criticism of a sponsor will result in closure of a thread, we have threads both positive and negative about all businesses, including sponsors. As long as the threads don't violate the User Agreement, they normally remain open. The problems usually arise when people with no first-hand knowledge start jumping on the thread just to bash someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back