is my PH crashing?

jeffgnz

I've been struggling with low PH. I started dosing with aquos ph 8.4 it says it may take a week to stabilize. Tanks seems to hover just above 8.1 during the day and lights on. night is usually 7.9, however tonight (it's 1am now) it realing heading down. Went down to 7.8 then to 7.7. I started to get worried so added some ph 8.4 liquid which for a while took it to 7.92 and now 30mins later it's back to 7.81 and seems to be slowly dropping. What is the dangerzone for low PH? I'm too tired to stay up much later and am worried if it is crashing then i'll wake up to a dead tank o_O I'll stay up for 30more mins and see if it maintains 7.8

whats your alk? you could keep it at like 11dKH and that would keep your pH a little higher.

Im not sure about your product but i use Seachem Reef Buffer every other week or so and it really upped my pH.

i put a venturi powerhead in my sump refugium chamber aiming up at the water surface and aerating . Maybe it's helping a tad, ph seems to be holding now at 7.79-7.80 (calibrated american marine ph meter that gives constant reading)

Back