Is there a way to identify magdrive pumps?

hernluis

I just got a used magdrive but i dont know which model it is, everything has rubbed off the sticker. Is there a way to tell which model it it? It seems like the dimensions are the same for all the models.

thanks

Anything below a mag 7 will have 1/2" outlet while 7 and 9 have 3/4", I believe but you should be able to look that up and find out the inlet/outlet dimensions. Other than that, take it to your LFS and have them open a box of each to compare size.

Chris

well i measured the outlet and its definately 3/4" from one side of the threads to the other. My LFS is a joke, they dont carry these pumps. those guys....seriously

well i measured the outlet and its definately 3/4" from one side of the threads to the other. My LFS is a joke, they dont carry these pumps. those guys....seriously

You should measure the diameter of the hole from inside to inside. If it is 3/4" from the outside of the threads to the outside of the threads I assume the hole is only half inch.

Sorry Ju. Didn't mean to upset you.

You could measure the flow rate by pumping into a bucket for a few minutes then multiply it to see what it would pump in an hour. That should tell you what model it is.

it was a freebie. IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

Why would you buy a pump that you don't know anything about? Like the flow rate?

I buy pumps at auctions simply to have a variety of circulation and/or spares. I also have some older pumps that I've bought that no longer have a sticker. So for me, this is a great thread cuz it's given me some ideas on how to check the pump in order to purchase a replacement impeller. (One of my Mags has a busted shaft and I've just never bothered to replace it - nowI think I know that it is NOT a Mag 7 - has 1/2" outlet)

my guess looks like a mag7.....the newer mag9.5 and above are silver atleast m ine is...my g/f's mag7 looks just like that

Back