Is this GOOD or BAD

Reef Rookie

Hi
Had my tank for awhile now,
I am getting some green algae
But when I came down stairs yesterday I had this RED Worm coming out of the rocks!!
I know I did not add it to the tank so where it come from?
Do I need to get rid of it and how?
I am going to try to get a picture but it is fast and gone as soon as you get close to tank/

Any help would be a great big help

WIthout a picture this is a guess but I'd say it's most likely a bristle worm. If it is, it's a good scavenger but bad to handle as the bristles have a mild toxin and break off in the skin and cause a reaction.

This is it looks more red

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
Yup, bristle worm. You likely have at least several in your system and they will reproduce. I don't mind having some but they do count as biomass like fish so if there's lots I'll reduce them when convenient when doing water changes or maintenance.

Yup, bristle worm. You likely have at least several in your system and they will reproduce. I don't mind having some but they do count as biomass like fish so if there's lots I'll reduce them when convenient when doing water changes or maintenance.
How many is to Many?
where they come from?

There is no "too many." There is only how many your feeding regiment supports! They are beneficial scavengers/detrivores, so don't worry about them.

As far as where they come form - generally in live rock (you can also buy them in clean up packages online). Do you have any live rock or coral?

Kevin

There is no "too many." There is only how many your feeding regiment supports! They are beneficial scavengers/detrivores, so don't worry about them.

As far as where they come form - generally in live rock (you can also buy them in clean up packages online). Do you have any live rock or coral?

Kevin
I have two Coral?
The coral are much bigger now I will have to update my photo

Attachments

• B8EE828F-8631-4085-9AAC-354357C4F769.jpeg
    B8EE828F-8631-4085-9AAC-354357C4F769.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
Back