Is this Green Hair Algae??

yachtdr22

Greetings....
I am wondering if this is the start of Hair Algae?

Po4 is .04
pH 8.1
Kh 11.0
Ca 420
Mg 1300

I DID remove last week a large number of Pulsating xenia and Green Star Pollips and I am thinking that this is growing from the left over nutrients.

I have increased the lighting time on the refugium hoping it will grow more in the Ref. then in the DT.

I have a Lawnmower Benny and Kole tang that I hope will help remove the lawn.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks
Drew

Attachments

• HA1.jpg
    HA1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 0
I don't see anything that looks much like hair algae to me. I might add a bit of fresh GFO, but mostly, the tank might need some time to settle after removing the corals. They also might have been consuming a lot of nutrients that now are available to algae and the like.

I don't see anything that looks much like hair algae to me. I might add a bit of fresh GFO, but mostly, the tank might need some time to settle after removing the corals. They also might have been consuming a lot of nutrients that now are available to algae and the like.

Thanks John,

Question.. I have a BRS GFO/Carbon reactor. I currently dispense 1 cup of ROX carbon and 1 cup GFO High Cap. Carbon change 2 weeks, GFO 4 weeks.

I am noticing the GFO not tumbling as well as I like. any issue with cutting the GFO to .5 cup and replacing every 2 weeks with the carbon?

thanks
Drew:wavehand:

Back