Is this light a good deal?

I have that same light. It is nice but nowhere near the output of some of the LEDs I have. What size tank?

You could get two of the LED lights I got for less then what they want for that and have a lot less heat generated and a lot more power efficiency. Check out Oceanrevive or aquamars once and do a little reading on those. My corals have been growing like crazy since I put those on.

I don't have any sps for what its worth lol. The light you posted is nice but it isn't nearly as bright as the LED and the tank temp seemed to rise in the summer with it on, then I switched to these lights and the temp hardly fluctuates and I don't have to run them at 100%.

The light is adequate for a softie tank but keep in mind bulb replacement costs which will need to be done every 9-12 months. With LEDS there won't be any bulb replacements for a while and if you ever have to they are cheap around $2 per LED

If you are budget minded go with the Reef Breeders SuperLux ( you will need 2) I have 3 on my 180 and am happy with the results. I have mine mounted front to back instead of side to side

https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/superlux/

I try not to buy anything for the aquarium off of ebay I prefer reputable companies especially vendors that are on RC

Back