Is this normal...

joem1cha3l

First time adding sand to a saltwater tank...rinsed it first. Yes im sure it gets cloudy and its normal, only added it about an hour ago.

DSCF1254.jpg

very normal. after adding live rock and getting the bacteria the sand will clear fast. the bacteria will weigh down the sand.

Couple hours...I wish...that depends on what is in your filtration system. Mine didnt clear even after 3 days...then I put in a filter sock, and Presto...clear after about 12 hours

would an actual sock do any good adding it to my filter? Please pardon me if thats a ridiculous question

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12239600#post12239600 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joem1cha3l
would an actual sock do any good adding it to my filter? Please pardon me if thats a ridiculous question

Well you want to make sure it has no chemical residues in it from laundry detergent. It would probably do something to help, but it wouldn't be as good as an aquarium sock.

Just do yourself a favor next time... don't buy non live sand. You don't have to rinse live sand and it goes in so much easier, just scoop and drop. I learned that lesson the hard way too. Don't worry it will pass. lol

Back