Isn't she lovely...

gflat65

Here are some nasties...

ATT00085.jpg

ATT00087.jpg

ATT00089.jpg

ATT00109.jpg

ATT00111.jpg

I'm just letting them cycle. Whatever made it is starting to look good, finally...

Gary we could go into buisness as algae cultivators. My 180 has some seriuos algae like you seem to be having. Glad things are starting to turn around 4 you.

Well, that is supposed to be a shot of the neon nephthea, but the camera takes horrible pics. It is looking good:).

Looks like your doing it right at least you have green algea there.
Oh By the way the frags you sold me are simply awsome and doing great. When they are big enough to frag I would be happy to give you some frags back if your enterested. Thanks again man.

It'll come back around. I don;t have as much time to put into it right now, anyway. In a week or so, I should be done unpacking and can start spending more on them. As for now, I'm just going to let them do their thing and start some nice water changes. Wa a ting is the ha ardest part.

Whats going to be your regimen to get rid of all that algae? It would be cool for you to document it every step of the way for us (me). I'm still fighting hair. :( Seems I always will I guess. :(

-Ryan

I took a toothbrush to it today and did a water change. It's still in the cycle, though I think it is on the back side. Once the cycle finishes and with the help of the MR4, I shouldn't have any algae issues;). The 120 has started to kill off its algae already, so it is nearing the end of the initial cycle. It's interesting to watch it bloom to epic proportions, then choke itself out.

Thanks for the link, Dave. I think my magnesium had gotten way out of balance before the move. it was taking entirely too much two part to keep things balanced. I have tried to get Mg test kits four times and all four times they were either sold out or on back order (depending on where I tried). Good info. I was trying to get my alk/dKH a little higher, hoping it would help choke it out some, too. It got better at around 10, but never went away.

I don;t have any new pics, but have brushed most of it out once. It isn;t growing back in as many places as it was before, but it grows like 6-8" overnight in long strands. I ran a PO4 filter (red pad that you run for 24 hours, then run a new one for 48 hours-not sure of name). It appears to ahve helped some, but still no skimmer going. The 120 isn't too bad, but has quite a few less spots of hair growth. It is unaided other than a brushing-there are several recovering corals in there, but it has been better off all along... I should get the pump Friday or Monday, so the skimmer will be running soon:).

My first lawnmower blenny mowed down a 40H full of HA in about two weeks. It was funny because the algae was only redistributed into tighter cylinders of algae;). My last lawnmower would touch it.

Wow, Gary, these pics make me really sad. You had such a great assortment of really healthy corals, it kinda sucks to see 'em all like this. Hope things get turned around soon.

Back