It's tank moving time . . . . .

miracles38

There have been a few people that have expressed an interest in seeing (& helping) to move a tank. Well, if you would like to see me move my rock/fish & other goodies on Saturday, please let me know. The new tank is ready! I will post some pics in the other thread soon to show my sump hooked up and the tank now that it has finally cleared.

Thanks!

KMP

Wag More; Bark Less
Kim, I finally got my (tiny in comparison) tank in the house. Hope to get it filled with water this weekend. What time do you plan on moving stuff? I might still try to come over.

miracles38

Good for you! I hope it doesn't take as long to fill yours as it did mine. I am going to shoot for starting around 10am. Hopefully it won't take more than 1-2 hours to load up the rock and catch the fish. I think the hardest part will be trying to get the sand out. I think I need to buy a long handled trowel or something.

I would love it if you could come by.

xia

I've used a dust pan to scoop out my sand many times. It's my preferred choice of tools when there's only a little bit of water left at the bottom. Are you reusing the sand?

The other option is to try to siphon out the sand with the water.

miracles38

Cool Rafael. That would be great.

Xia - I have a dust pan the problem is the tank is 30" deep and I can barely reach the bottom!

Kevin - if you have time that would be great.

ReefnAv

Kim - Love to help you but I have a busy weekend ahead. Glad to hear everything is going along smoothly for you!

KMP

Wag More; Bark Less
kim, i'll be over at 11. can you pm me your phone number and address please.