jabeo DC 12000 noise level

xrayjeeper83

Anyone else running a DC12000 have a fairly loud hum coming from the pump. It is noticably quieter then my ext Dart that it replaced but I was hoping it would be as quiet as the DC6000 on my 75

+1 on checking the isolation between the four rubber feet and the bottom glass. Otherwise, mine is silent. Do you have the "improved" controller box (it is much larger than version 1 and doesn't have the small cooling fan on the back like the original version). I'm assuming you hear the hum from the pump itself and not the controller box? The original controller box for this pump seemed to be very noisy while the pump itself was dead silent, unless it is transmitting vibration to the sump through the rubber feet

Mine has a hum. Annoying. Wish I knew before I ordered a 12000. Turns out it is an issue with anything above a 6000 pump.

I run 3 DC12000 pumps, 2 submerged and 1 external. They have been running for about 9 months now and I can't hear anything from just a very short distance away from the pump, like 2-3 feet.

I also recently purchased one and it also is noisier than i expected lfs told me to give it a week to break in if not they will chk it out whatever that means

There is a disclaimer about noise on the 9000 and 12000. It is probably up to individual limits. I like a really quiet tank since it is near our TV room.

I'm running a waveline 5500 and the Jebao 12000 on different tanks and the 12000 is just as quiet, nearly silent with a faint whine from close up. The air intake on my skimmer makes more noise than the return pump does, and my MP40's do too.

The one thing I wonder is how everyone plumbed it in as far as plumbing diameter goes, and total pump head. I do know that increased pump head can cause a change in noise level from pumps, so that could be an issue. I used 1 1/4" PVC to a manifold feeding returns and reactors. The dual returns from the manifold are 1" so I expect that I don't have a lot of restriction in the return system. I didn't do the math and I'm aware that too large of return pipe can add to pump head, this just seemed reasonable from past experiance.

I'd be curius to hear from others as to how they plumbed their pump and the noise level they have.

Back