Jaebo WP40 - junk?

I have had 2 WP-40's running on my 210 for a little over a month. THey have worked fine. Great waves. Definitely not the MP's but no where near the price either.

I think if you dont have or dont want to spend the money of a vortech buy a jaebo. I have one and love it to this point. If I was making tons of money and $500 was nothing to me I would have a mp. It kinda the same reason I went reef breeders instead of evergrow. They are the same light but if I have a issue I call logan and its delt with. If my jaebo has a issue who do I call I dont think I would even bother I would just buy another or a tunze. I really dont care that they ripped off the design there not gonna send me a free pump if I lose my job tomorrow and my tank depended on it neither will jaebo. So if you have vortech money go for it I would too if I had it.

I feel like if your replacing koralias and such its a for sure buy. I don't know if i would go from and eco tech to a jaebo unless it broke and i couldn't spend the $$ to get another vortech. Having a bunch of random pumps in my 120 and not being able to afford and scotch this was the obvious choice for me. I love my wp40 and time will tell what type of pumps these really are. To me it seems like the quality of motors is where people are seeing it get weaker. Either a bad batch or they just break in and loose the bang they came with when new? Either way i love mine and wouldn't think twice to buy another. Love being able to direct flow!

I've had a WP40 for about 6-8 months. Loved it at first. All of a sudden, however, the pump has no power to it. It still pushes water, and reacts based on the voltage patterns that the controller is sending it, but its max power is maybe one fourth what it started out as...

First I took it out and cleaned it well. Then, I measured the output from the controller, and I'm pretty sure I'm seeing 24 volts, unless I measured the wrong pins. In W1 mode, though, I can see it jump from 0V to 24V, back and forth... but the pump has no UMPH to it any more.

I have not been able to measure any amperage leak from the tank... Any way other equipment could be working as a ground 'rod'? The only grounded equipment that is in the water are other pumps... Heaters have no ground pin.

Are these things junk? Any others experience this? Any suggestions on how to fix it? I am contacting the site I recieved it from today, but figured I'd see if others have had this issue.

Mine got VERY noisy after a few months. I use it as a SW mixing pump now.

I just got a wp-40 and it has been running for about a week or so, so far I have no complaints. One thing I have noticed in this hobby is that people seem awfully loyal to the big name companies who charge outrageous prices for things. You would swear half this community has shares in these companies. I'm all for cheaper things and if they work and do the same thing then who the hell cares how cheap it was or the name on it. Cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad. Of course you're going to get lemons as with every product, but for the price I really can't shake a stick at this pump

I paid about $60 for my wp25 as compared to about $300 for a mp10. I've seen people have problems with vortech also. I don't expect anything made these days to last for years without problems.

I've had my MP10 for 3 years and works great. I also bought a WP25 and waiting to see how long it lasts :)

I don't have any WP-40's but for around $75/EA six months seems ok to me, thats $12.50 a month and $.42 per day. I spend a lot more on thing in this hobby then $.42 per day. When my powerheads fail I will be getting some WP-40's.

they definitely last way over 6 months, i would bet a normal unit can last more than a year easily. people who owns one should know for a china pump the built quality ain't bad at all.

so far i owned 1 wp40 and 3 wp25 before (now settled on 2 x wp25) and only 1 wp25 gave me problems. the other 3 worked very well. on the other hand, i have heard more vortech failures compared to jebao wp failures. Tunze is the only brand i'll go for if i had more money.

I think if you dont have or dont want to spend the money of a vortech buy a jaebo. I have one and love it to this point. If I was making tons of money and $500 was nothing to me I would have a mp. It kinda the same reason I went reef breeders instead of evergrow. They are the same light but if I have a issue I call logan and its delt with. If my jaebo has a issue who do I call I dont think I would even bother I would just buy another or a tunze. I really dont care that they ripped off the design there not gonna send me a free pump if I lose my job tomorrow and my tank depended on it neither will jaebo. So if you have vortech money go for it I would too if I had it.

Any word on the return pumps? It sounds like a descent option.

And I don't understand why people keep comparing these to Vortech's. I can see tunze, but MP's are just a different way about going at it. The only reason I went MP over these(and tunze) is because I really like the look of no wires in the tank. I don't like the price of the MP's, and I think that the owner is sitting there smoking a cigar laughing his @$$ off on how much money he is making. Where are the MP's made? Probably from a supplier in China...Like everyone else. Yes they do have good customer service, and I have had small issues with my ecotech products, but they were resolved for no cost.

I have had my wp 40 for 6 months and I think it has got much more quite then when I first got it. I also have not noticed a drop in flow either.

Any word on the return pumps? It sounds like a descent option.

And I don't understand why people keep comparing these to Vortech's. I can see tunze, but MP's are just a different way about going at it. The only reason I went MP over these(and tunze) is because I really like the look of no wires in the tank. I don't like the price of the MP's, and I think that the owner is sitting there smoking a cigar laughing his @$$ off on how much money he is making. Where are the MP's made? Probably from a supplier in China...Like everyone else. Yes they do have good customer service, and I have had small issues with my ecotech products, but they were resolved for no cost.

Their DC return pumps are identical mechanically to everyone else's (other than red dragon), built in the same factory. Just a different paint job.

You pay for what you get and 100% of the time, the cheaper way costs more in the end.

The Waveline, Jaebo, Speedwave and Diablo are ALL manufactured in the same place. There are minor differences in the magnet, and the paint. You are paying for cheap parts what do you guys expect, its very easy to see when looking at the molds for these pumps that they are not built to last.

If you want a pump that lasts, buy a Red Dragon or another pump that uses quality parts not manufactured in Taiwan or China. They last forever and in the end, give you what you pay for.

This hobby has a lot of turn over; therefore hobbyist are reluctant to spend money on top tier equipment. If you plan to be in the hobby longer than 3-5 years, get the best you can afford.

Sometimes the issue is not if they fail but how and when they fail..... will they cause a short or a fire or leach something toxic? or break when you are on vacation? There's something to be said for a higher level of product confidence. Just sayin'...

Back