Jaebo WP40 - junk?

_shorty_

I've had a WP40 for about 6-8 months. Loved it at first. All of a sudden, however, the pump has no power to it. It still pushes water, and reacts based on the voltage patterns that the controller is sending it, but its max power is maybe one fourth what it started out as...

First I took it out and cleaned it well. Then, I measured the output from the controller, and I'm pretty sure I'm seeing 24 volts, unless I measured the wrong pins. In W1 mode, though, I can see it jump from 0V to 24V, back and forth... but the pump has no UMPH to it any more.

I have not been able to measure any amperage leak from the tank... Any way other equipment could be working as a ground 'rod'? The only grounded equipment that is in the water are other pumps... Heaters have no ground pin.

Are these things junk? Any others experience this? Any suggestions on how to fix it? I am contacting the site I recieved it from today, but figured I'd see if others have had this issue.

I know what you're saying, but 6-7 months is pretty junky!, and NOT worth it. Have others seen this?

I have a pair of them in my 180. I am actually now alternating their usage (one week on/one week off)One is 3 months old and the other is roughly 5 months. I have noticed that the older of the two did lose some of its power. I did the same thing, took it out and cleaned it thoroughly and it is still not as powerful as the newer pump. I figure if you get even just a year out of them, then they are still worth it based solely on their price.

Friend had one die completely in 3 months use. Contacted seller who said to contact manufacturer who said contact seller lol. Long story short he's out a pump in under 3 months. Waste of money.

I struggle to see how 6 months is worth it. If they last 1.5-2 years.. then sure! but 6 months... no.

How long do the competitors typically last?

I paid about $60 for my wp25 as compared to about $300 for a mp10. I've seen people have problems with vortech also. I don't expect anything made these days to last for years without problems.

wow 6 months is a rip off. Mine is only a month old but could never get rid of the slight hum/vibration. Other than that it still going strong.

I have two WP40'S that are 6 months old now running great nonstop through various power levels (determined by my reef angel).

Every product out there gets an occasional lemon... Go check with the vortec guys they have things crap out on them too...

i have a wp40 which i used for 4 months, then passed on to a friend who probably used for 3-4 months now and its still running great. i now uses a wp25 for 3months+ and no problem at all. i have known people who have their mp10/40 drop off their tanks and have them totally dead within months too. Pretty common.

It's funny to me the vortec/Tunze loyalists who want these outstanding bargain pumps to BE junk so they will feel better about spending 5x more lol

It's funny to me the vortec/Tunze loyalists who want these outstanding bargain pumps to BE junk so they will feel better about spending 5x more lol

Could very well be the same people who make them for a few bucks then push them out for a king's ransom a pop.

I've had my MP-40 running 24/7, for over 4 years now. No problems. These Jeboa pumps may very well perform as well as a Vortech. The fact of the matter however, is only time will tell.

"You get what you pay for". I almost fell through and got one of these, but man...MP10 is just where it is at. Personal preference I guess.

I don't know why people keep posting these threads. Did you really think it would last a long time? You get what you pay for.

Back