japanese gallery...

silenceisgolden

ive seen some japanese tanks on reefcentral, and decided to search for more. (speaking it helps.)
gallery: charm
this is a separate gallery for a storefront. site claims it's supposed to educate people on what kind of systems there are, equipment, etc.

i loooove the breeder(?) / display / concept tank with hundreds of tiny clown fish babies.

ga007.jpg

even the equipment underneath looks good. Everything is perfect, who need doors under your tank with stuff like that

Those tanks are stunning. They all look so amazingly clean, like they're brand new! The animals look healthy and happy, and the aquascaping is so artistic. Asian tanks, whether FW or SW, always impress and amaze me.

I must say that leave it to the Japanese to have a fish tank in pristine condition. I am half japanese and married to a japanese citizen, but my tank looks like it's about to start talking with all the crap growing on it. :)

What the heck are those white balls spinning in that chamber? Those aren't fish eggs are they?

Last edited:
i'm still struggling to find out how they get their water so damn clear all the time.

i think in addition to my filter sock, canister filter of carbon and filter floss and sponges... reactor with carbon.. i think with all of that I need to to add another sponge some where to get my water clear.... my vortex XL filter only tends to throw a million air bubbles into my water... I'll have to see if I can fix that.

that water truly is crystal clear. would love to get that info as well.

what's the size on that 2nd tank? thats alota fish in there. wouldn't that be considered "over stocked"?

Great thread.
I am considering a Ryukyu Islands biotope for my next project, maybe I'll have to have Japenese equipment to match!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11684113#post11684113 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by asonitez
i'm still struggling to find out how they get their water so damn clear all the time.

i think in addition to my filter sock, canister filter of carbon and filter floss and sponges... reactor with carbon.. i think with all of that I need to to add another sponge some where to get my water clear.... my vortex XL filter only tends to throw a million air bubbles into my water... I'll have to see if I can fix that.

Try adding OZone to your system. I added it several months ago and my water is crystal clear just like the above mentioned tanks.

Yup...ozone. My water is that clear now too. Get the ozone working properly and your set. I find that instead of having the ozone unit pump a bunch of ozone into your tank and then shut off when the desired OPR is met it is better to have a continuos flow of less ozone that never shuts off but keeps your OPR up around where it should be. Water is always crystal clear! Not much if nay glass algae either...

Beautiful tanks!!!! I too with my LFS had set ups like that. Its nice to actually see the pumbing and give people an idea of how to set up a tank. Seems like a good idea form a business point of view too since people may want to buy more equipment if they see how well its working for the store.

i have ozone and while i do agree that it helps clarity its the floating particles that im trying to get rid of ozone just clears the water but its the floatingparticles that I"M trying to get rid of. I think I should Drain and clean out my sump. Its got some detrius in there...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11684661#post11684661 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by asonitez
i have ozone and while i do agree that it helps clarity its the floating particles that im trying to get rid of ozone just clears the water but its the floatingparticles that I"M trying to get rid of. I think I should Drain and clean out my sump. Its got some detrius in there...

Yeah I would say if your getting floating particles from somewhere, something need to be cleaned! :)

I was just looking through the second site and man those set ups are gorgeous! I love the fact that they are not HUGE tanks and are still winning awards. They really have a natural look to them instead of being a wall of sps...

Back