Jasonanatal's Piece of the Reef (Photographic Intensive)

Coral Growth Photographs

This is just in a time span of just under two weeks and I'm very happy with the results.

GreenMontiporaCapricornusCoralGrowt.jpg

Photograph - July 18, 2007 - Green Montipora Capricornus.

GreenMontiporaCapricornusCoralGr-1.jpg

Photograph - August 01, 2007 - Green Montipora Capricornus.

what is that tank to the right of your display? the fuge or a sump with a sand bed? im confused- is it that tall for added watervolume? are you planning on growing macro?

btw nice torusa

Love the canopy modification. :thumbsup: I like to see reefers "use what they have" for things because I'm that type of person. I'll rummage around the garage and look for simple (although they are usually not so simple) and cheaper methods of doing things rather than just spending more $ on equipment etc. The money is for frags!!

Your lighting set-up gives you great ventilation. Are you running T5 actinics?

I have a GSM also. Great fish, acts like dog more than a fish! When I come over to the tank, he wags his tail and leaves his anem to come out and greet me, hoping for a bite to eat.

I agree with steve the plumb about Randy's improved 2 part. With an SPS dominated tank, you could save a lot of money on your dosing.

Try this link for the ASM mods
http://www.asmskimmer.com/modifications.htm

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10484755#post10484755 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stevedola
what is that tank to the right of your display? the fuge or a sump with a sand bed? im confused- is it that tall for added watervolume? are you planning on growing macro?

btw nice torusa

Stevedola, thank you for the compliments on my Reef Aquarium. The large 45 gallon Sump/Refugium is for the added water volume and the sand bed and live rock (soon to be added will be for added filtration and bacteria. I may use it for Macro-Algeas but I'm not entirely sure yet.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10484766#post10484766 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Trigeek
Love the canopy modification. :thumbsup: I like to see reefers "use what they have" for things because I'm that type of person. I'll rummage around the garage and look for simple (although they are usually not so simple) and cheaper methods of doing things rather than just spending more $ on equipment etc. The money is for frags!!

Your lighting set-up gives you great ventilation. Are you running T5 actinics?

I have a GSM also. Great fish, acts like dog more than a fish! When I come over to the tank, he wags his tail and leaves his anem to come out and greet me, hoping for a bite to eat.

I agree with steve the plumb about Randy's improved 2 part. With an SPS dominated tank, you could save a lot of money on your dosing.

Try this link for the ASM mods
http://www.asmskimmer.com/modifications.htm

Trigeek, thank you once again on the compliments. I am currently only running 108 watts or two Current USA T5 VHO bulbs of 460nm Actinic lighting.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10484784#post10484784 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Juanfer
looking really nice!!!

Jaunfer, thank you very much for the compliments on my Reef Aquarium.

ASM G-2 Series Protein Skimmer

I finally made my decision on whether I would purchase a Euro-Reef Protein Skimmer or ASM Protein Skimmer. Needless to say I am completely happy with the ASM G-2 Series Protein Skimmer and it's performance. The design is exactly the same as a Euro-Reef Protein Skimmer but the construction is where the difference lies. Instead of being constructed of High Grade Acrylic as with the Euro-Reef Protein Skimmer the ASM G-2 Series Protein Skimmer is constructed of High Grade Plastic to save on production cost which lowers the overall price. The ASM G-2 Series Protein Skimmer has been operating in my Reef Aquarium for about 1 week already and it's performance is amazing. If and when I upgrade my Reef Aquarium to something larger I will purchase a secondary ASM G-2 series Protein Skimmer to run side by side. Not a bad purchase for $299.99 in my personal opinion.

CanonDigitalRebelPhotographs077.jpg

Photograph - August 10, 2007 - ASM G-2 Series Protein Skimmer with added Stabalizer Beams.

CanonDigitalRebelPhotographs078.jpg

Photograph - August 10, 2007 - ASM G-2 Series Protein Skimmer Collection Cup.

The Newest Inhabitants of the Reef.

Here is the newest addition to my Reef Aquarium. An ORA Vivid Blue Tortusa Acropora purchased from House of Fins in Greenwich, CT. I can't wait for it coloration to set in. I'm just curiuos and wondering if this was mislabled and it is really a ORA Purple Tortusa Acropora.

CanonDigitalRebelPhotographs071.jpg

Photograph - August 07, 2007 - ORA Vivid Blue Tortusa Acropora.

Coral Identification Required

Could anyone please identify this coral with it's proper latin name. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CanonDigitalRebelPhotographs073.jpg

Photograph - August 09, 2007 - Sold as a Blue Tortusa Acropora but I'm sure it something else.

Reef Aquarium Water Parameters Testing

Date: Monday, August 06, 2007
Average Temperature: 74.9 degrees Fahrenheit
Salinity: 1.025 SG
Alkalinity KH (Carbonate Hardness): 9.0 dKH
Calcium: 380 PPM
pH: 8.0 pH
Magnesium: 1125 PPM
Ammonia: 0.0 PPM
Nitrite: 0.0 PPM
Nitrate: 0.0 PPM
Notes:
- Added 1 capfuls or 10 ml. of Kent Marine Tech M Expert Series ionically balanced Magnesium supplement to increase Magnesium level to 1200 PPM. Magnesium level currently at 1185 PPM after supplement addition.
- Added 9 capfuls or 90 ml. of Kent Marine Tech CD Part A Expert Series and 9 capfuls or 90 ml. of Kent Marine Tech CD Part B Expert Series ionically balanced Calcium supplement to increase Calcium level to 450 PPM. Magnesium level currently at 440 PPM after supplement addition.
- Added 12 g. of Seachem Reef Builder Alkalinity supplement to increase Alkalinity level to 9 KH. Alkalinity level currently at 10 KH after supplements addition.

Reef Aquarium Water Parameters Testing

Date: Saturday, August 11, 2007
Average Temperature: 78.6 Degrees Fahrenheit
Salinity: 1.025 SG
Alkalinity KH (Carbonate Hardness): 9.0 dKH
Calcium: 360 PPM
pH: 8.0 pH
Magnesium: 1110 PPM
Ammonia: 0.0 PPM
Nitrite: 0.0 PPM
Nitrate: 0.0 PPM
Notes:
-Added 4 capfuls or 40 ml. of Kent Marine Tech M Expert Series ionically balanced Magnesium supplement to increase Magnesium level to 1350 PPM. Magnesium level currently at 1350 PPM after supplement addition.
-Added 12 capfuls or 120 ml. of Kent Marine Tech CD Part A Expert Series and 12 capfuls or 120 ml. of Kent Marine Tech CD Part B Expert Series ionically balanced Calcium supplement to increase Calcium level to 450 PPM. Calcium level currently at 440 PPM after supplement addition.
-Added 12 g. of Seachem Reef Builder Alkalinity supplement to increase Alkalinity level to 9 KH. Alkalinity level currently at 10 KH after supplements addition.

I recently made some major equipment upgrades to my Reef Aquarium which include: Deltec PF501 Calcium Reactor, Precision Marine Phosphate Reactor and unforutnately a Aqua Ultraviolet Sterilizer. After the addition of many a new fish mostly Tangs I have an outbreak of Ich in my Reef Aquarium. Not cool in any sense of the way.

nice start

Derail

avshockey311 are you as excited as I am about this new season coming? We have a true powerhouse team with the offseason pickups.

/re-rail.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10617797#post10617797 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HDAlien
Very nice tank, I like the clean look of your set up.

HDalien, thank you very much for the compliments on my Reef Aquarium.

Back