JBJ ATO users help

sjm1978

im having a problem with my JBJ ato. i have it setup in mode A using one float switch. this problem happens when my cooling fans are on and the tank is evaporating water faster. the ato unit runs like every 20 minutes during this time. then all of the sudden it will turn on and work fine then it will try to turn on like 2 minutes later after it just turned on then this is what happens the sensor light will come on and pump light on but dimmed and the pump wont turn on and i have to reset the float switch to get it to work again. does anyone know what is causing this? do you think its the "Float Fail-Safe" duration time period that i should adjust? the float switch is clean and the unit is a little over 2 weeks old i bought it at AZSB it has been doing this since first day. also i am using a aqua lifter pump.

this is what i got from the jbj site

Q: Why does my A.T.O. automatically shut off after a few minutes of operation even though the water level has not reached the float sensor?
A: All A.T.O. Controllers have a factory "Float Fail-Safe" duration time period of 3 minutes and 45 seconds of operation before power to the pump is turned off. The Pump LED will glow but power to the pump will not be turned on. This feature was designed to act as a safety mechanism in the unlikely event the float sensor(s) failed or if something was to get stuck in between the sensor(s). You will have to reset the float sensor(s) to restart the controller.

ok so i tested it out right now. i used the stopwatch on my cell phone once i hit start i pushed down on the float valve turn on the pump to pump water and i released it a few seconds later so it turned the pump off. then i watched the stop watch timer and once the time was at 3:46 i hit the float valve down and it didnt turn the pump on. so this tells me that i need to adjust the "Float Fail-Safe" duration time period witch im gonna do i hope this works i think it will.

Use two floats and it should fix this. I belive mine is in mode A. I float in the sump and one in the resivor.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12906905#post12906905 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jayreefer
Use two floats and it should fix this. I belive mine is in mode A. I float in the sump and one in the resivor.

its fixed now it was the "Float Fail-Safe" duration time period of 3 minutes and 45 seconds i did what the jbj site said i opened up the unit and adjusted the dial inside.

Back