JBJ MODULAR SURFACE SKIMMER Question

macboat

Nano simplicity
How to make it stay at a desirable position? Mine will rise up a little bit which makes the water level too high since I replaced stock pump with MJ1200.

Just wondering, why not JBJ makes a slot that people can actually attach it on the fine tune the water level?

ReeferChick85

I replaced my stock pump to a mj1200 as well and my surface skimmer will rise when I put it too high up so I normally place it low enough where the water flows fast enough through the teeth but still keeping the back chamber water level a little lower than the main tank. Once it is in place,mine hardly moves :)

macboat

Nano simplicity
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15435573#post15435573 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReeferChick85
I replaced my stock pump to a mj1200 as well and my surface skimmer will rise when I put it too high up so I normally place it low enough where the water flows fast enough through the teeth but still keeping the back chamber water level a little lower than the main tank. Once it is in place,mine hardly moves :)

OK, I will try to play with it a little bit.

macboat

Nano simplicity
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15441225#post15441225 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poidog81
i just used a few drops of super glue gel to hold it in place.

I actually thought about it, but then I was like, there must be a reason that they design it this way? Maybe it is easy to clean? Last night my yellow watchman goby got into it, (god knows how he gets there...) and if I glue it, it will be harder to get him out.

tmac1rebok

Is the MSS worth it? It is not include with the tank so is the extra money worth what it does... what does it do?

MrIcky

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15441225#post15441225 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poidog81
i just used a few drops of super glue gel to hold it in place.

I did this too. So far it works fine after a month.

macboat

Nano simplicity
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15489635#post15489635 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tmac1rebok
Is the MSS worth it? It is not include with the tank so is the extra money worth what it does... what does it do?

without it, you can't keep the water level in the display constant.
without it, you will always see a "film" thing on watersurface.
It makes huge difference and I love it a LOT.

ReeferChick85

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15490429#post15490429 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by macboat
without it, you can't keep the water level in the display constant.
without it, you will always see a "film" thing on watersurface.
It makes huge difference and I love it a LOT.

I agree with this 100%. It's such a simple little attachment but does a lot in our nano tanks. It's not even that expensive. You can find it for under 10 bucks for sure. Marine Depot sells it btw if your local LFS doesn't carry it.

The drops of glue to help it stay put is a great idea!!I'm gonna do that to mine!

kevantheman35

mine came with it, i cant see not having it because when it falls off, (which it does about every dam day) the surface looks like crap

cherubfish pair

This is what I did.
screwoverflow001.jpg