Jebao AL150 WIFI communication failure

Miguel.RS

Hello guys,

So this is my first post here in Reef Central and it's a tricky one, because I'm reaching out for your help.
I own a 20 gallon aquarium with some Zoanthus, Discosoma, Green star polyps, Kenya Tree, Entacmaea quadricolor, with some sucess regarding the health of it's inhabitants.
Recently I decided to upgrade the lighting, since I didn't enjoyed the colors that much. I was using a ICA Coral Lamp (9 LED, 3 watts each: 8 Blue LED and 1 White), and bought a second hand Jebao AL 150, with dimmable LED, and WIFI connection. So, after fiddling around the different % of Royal-blue, white, red, green, purple and blue, I set up a automatic program just to receive an error message, that reads: "WIFI module and motherboard communication failure".

IMG_20221211_091607.jpg

Every hour, the automatic settings that I have set up resets and the lights change colors, meaning I have to go on the APP and run the automatic program every time. How can I fix it?

I found this video:
but i've not been able to find the wi-fi replacement module that they announce. So, this is a dead end...

I would much appreciate your help.
Hope everything in the post is according to the rules. If not, i'll be sure to correct it.

Thank you,

Best regards,
Miguel

Last edited:
Hmmm seems a long standing problem.
Jebao AL150 LED Lighting

2018 seems to have been a bad year for them.
Anyways most issues seem to have roots in wifi frequencies.
This odf has qr codes so it is possible you can get an update.

media.s-bol.com was first indexed by Google in February 2020

Thx for the reply Oreo57

The QR codes on that document takes me to Google Store, to instal the Jebao APP. But I already have the most recent version!
Sadly that doesn't seems to be the way.
I've sent an email to jebao, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for a reply.

Hi guys,

I've been in contact with store managers, distributors and Jebao, and the anwsers dont't get me close to solving the problem. So I've disassembled the light to find this module:

IMG_20221218_084813.jpg

This seems to be the same WiFi module that is removed from the YouTube video above.
So probably going to order a replacement module (20€) and risk it.

Best regards

Back