Jebao Sine Wave Pumps and DC pumps -what is different?

Reefrock

Premium Member
Hello

I am trying to determine which is the latest model of Jaebo pumps to use in a sump for my display tank. I also see they advertise the DCP/DCW models as Sine Wave pumps and the DCS/DCQ as DC Square wave pumps. All are 24V pumps.

What is the difference between Sine Wave and Square Wave models ?

And which one is best to be as submerged return pump? I believe the DCP is the correct one but trying to understand what is different

Thanks in advance

No idea what the difference is but I've had my DCP pump for 2 years with no issues

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Its about how the motor is controlled or more specifically the signal sent to the motor windings.

The sine wave has the potential to reduce noise and improve performance some by reducing torque ripple,etc...

The DCP pump is a fantastic pump.. Mine has been going strong for 3 years now without skipping a beat with zero maintenance on it.. Its UBER quiet and moves a ton of water..

I HIGHLY recommend the DCP..

I run the DCP-6500 on my 80G tank and run it at less than half power.

With all pumps like that running an oversized pump at reduced power levels seems to be the key to avoiding issues like overheating,etc.. that plague even the high dollar DC pumps.

Hello

Thanks for the help and information. I went ahead and ordered the DCP-6500 for a 75gl setup.

Again thanks for taking the time to help!

Its about how the motor is controlled or more specifically the signal sent to the motor windings.

The sine wave has the potential to reduce noise and improve performance some by reducing torque ripple,etc...

The DCP pump is a fantastic pump.. Mine has been going strong for 3 years now without skipping a beat with zero maintenance on it.. Its UBER quiet and moves a ton of water..

I HIGHLY recommend the DCP..

I run the DCP-6500 on my 80G tank and run it at less than half power.

With all pumps like that running an oversized pump at reduced power levels seems to be the key to avoiding issues like overheating,etc.. that plague even the high dollar DC pumps.
Speaking of maintenance, it took me way longer than I'd like to admit to figure out how to get to the impeller. If anyone is trying, slide off the bottom plate first then twist off the cover. I think that's how it went, it might be time for another cleaning. Maintenance is neglected on this pump but it never has an issue.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back