Jellyfishart.com

Jgoal55

Saw these guys on the news a while back...

My nephew loves jellyfish and I thought this would be a pretty cool thing for him.

However, I was wondering what the maintenance would be like or if anyone has ever set one of these up before (or any other jellyfish tank)?

http://www.jellyfishart.com/default.asp

Thanks.

plus it seems pretty expensive for the price. if it were me id find a cylinder tank on cl and set that up. then buy the jellies off the website if you cant find it elsewhere

Thanks all.

@Bigcefa....any particular reason why? Diet? Flow? water quality?

@michaelr - I though about this also but wonder what the exact requirements of the set up are to keep the jellies safe.

do some research and get a custom tank done by a local acrylic shop, it should only be about $200-300 then you can have real filtration!

I can't believe they are showing a picture of clown fish and gobies in those 6 gallon tanks on the front page of their web site! They are recommending a whole range of unsuitable fish and inverts on their facebook page. There are some obvious reasons why these fish shouldn't go in a tank like that:

1. Jellyfish sting (it may not be a strong sting with moons but it will probably be enough to stress small fish like gobies when it happens all the time)
  2. The tank is 6 gallon which is too small for a clown fish
  3. Fish need some where to hide and this tank is completely empty
  4. Most jellyfish are cold water and jellyfish art doesnt supply a heater with these tanks

I think it is very ignorant (at the least ) to suggest to all these inexperienced hobbyists that they can keep some of these creatures in the tank. :furious:

Last edited:
ok so i have no personally raised jelly fish but saw a documentary on the raising of irukanji for reasearch and they talked alot about keeping the jellyfish safe. basically, they jellyfish will hurt and potentially kill themselves if they hit anything including the tank walls. therefore, you must keep the flow in a circular pattern kind of going away from the glass so they are forced away from it. plus i would imagine it would have to be a closed loop system for flow.
ps. that could just be irukanji jellies and i hope your not planning on keeping them :p

Last edited:
Saw these guys on the news a while back...

My nephew loves jellyfish and I thought this would be a pretty cool thing for him.

However, I was wondering what the maintenance would be like or if anyone has ever set one of these up before (or any other jellyfish tank)?

http://www.jellyfishart.com/default.asp

Thanks.

No for anyone who is not a dedicated aquarist with a vast knowledge of their needs and requirements. This is a very difficult animal to keep. Not a good choice for someone unexperienced if maintaining saltwater livestock.

Well I own one of these tanks and all three jellies are doing well along with the clown fish I put in there. I also have some snails and crabs in there too.

Is that^ a joke? Jellyfish, clown snails and crab?

If its not a joke how long has it been set up. The fish and jellies won't last long.

Why do you think it's a joke? There is plenty of room for all of them. The snails and hermit crab are the algae eaters and stay on the bottom mainly. The fish just swims around. I've had it going for two weeks now and all appear healthy. Just because you don't have one, don't get bitter.

Who cares? It's art (says so right in the name). It's supposed to look pretty, that's it. When it dies, just get another one!

(Yes, I am being sarcastic).

Back