Join us on Saturday, June 5 for our CMAS Summer Swap and picnic!

FiberLux

Saturday, June 5, 2010​
CMAS Super-Summer Swap & Picnic!

10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: VFW Post - 431 N. Neltnor (Rte 59) in West Chicago, IL.

CMAS cordially invites you to an awesome day of reefing activities!

Special invited Educational presentation by

Murray Camp, Dallas, TX
Presenting:​
You want me to put what in my tank?
An overview of probiotic and carbon dosing methodologies.​
(Summary of presentation listed at bottom of this notice)​

&
Super-Summer Picnic Lunch
&
Super Huge Frag Swap & Sale
&
Oh Yea, Don’t forget the Mega Raffle!
&

Picnic lunch and Swap will be begin at approximately 11:30 AM – After Murray’s presentation. The swap area will not be open to attendees during the presentation.

All CMAS members and interested reefers are invited to attend this great event.
There is a nominal $5.00 entry for CMAS members for this event. For all other attendees, the event entry is only $10.00. All attendees will receive one free raffle ticket and may purchase additional raffle tickets during the event. There will be at least fifty great raffle items at this event, so you hafta’ be there!

In order to offset the hall rental costs, there will be a nominal table rental fee for all sellers. Table fees are $10.00 for CMAS members, $20 table rental for non-CMAS members and a $30.00 table rental fee for commercial sellers. We will also offer shared tables if you do not have enough items for a full table. Note that you need to reserve table space if you have more than ten frags to trade.

The VFW is located at 431 N. Neltnor (Rte 59) in West Chicago, IL. There will be a cash bar for this event.

Sellers, please contact Boyd Corbett to reserve your spot. Send a PM or email me at Boyd@CMAS.Net if you need any additional information, let me know!

Murray Camp presentation:

You want me to put what in my tank?
An overview of probiotic and carbon dosing methodologies.

Summary:

This presentation will provide an overview of the commercial and DIY probiotic and carbon dosing methodologies being used in reef aquaria today. The presentation will last approximately one hour and be accompanied by a power point that will contain multiple images of products discussed and reef tanks using this system. Topics covered include:

1. The science supporting ULN (ultra low nutrient) systems, including bacterial biomass enhancement and nutrient reduction, and bacterioplankton as a food source for corals;

2. A comparison of the commercial systems available (Prodibio, Zeovit, Ultralith, NeoZeo, NP Biopellets, etc.)

3. Current DIY methodologies, including vodka, vinegar, sucrose, glucose, ascorbic acid, and mixed carbon sources (VSV, VSV+Vit.C, VGV, etc.);

4. Husbandry considerations when using these systems (skimming, GFO, GAC, alkalinity and potassium balance, amino acid supplementation, etc.)

Last edited:
Who's Murray Camp?

Sorry about that! :eek:

About Murray :

Murray Camp is a reef aquarist with over fifteen years of experience in keeping captive marine ecosystems, from 20 to 800 gallons. He is a member of the Dallas Marine Aquarium Society and Dallas/Ft. Worth Marine Aquarium Society, and currently runs four reef systems using different probiotic methodologies. He lives in Dallas , Texas with a Great Dane and two kids, and supports his reef keeping obsession by practicing trial law.

boyd can you elaborate on what's involved with the picnic part of things? thanks.

:lolspin:Our magnificient chefs (Bob, Ed and Anthony will be cooking on the grill - If you were at the picnic last year, shout out, so people will know how excellent it was!!!

CMASpicnic.jpg

YOU WILL LIKE IT!

Boyd

i might come if i can get ppl to go there with my cuz i dont have a ride lol
sounds like it would be a great palce to go,meet new people and get to know this hobby more and maybe win something at the raffle lol :)

Sellers list coming this weekend. Most of our favorite sellers will be there! Dirk is coming, so let him know if you need something special. The food is planned and the chefs are ready. We've got some great raffle prizes and more to come!

We may even have a short 15 minute LED lighting presentation just before the swap starts, still should start the swap by 12:00 Noon!

See you there!

If you are a seller and haven't signed up yet, this is the time to let me know via email or PM.

Boyd

Back