Joining RO Waste Lines

tnorthern

I have two RO units, one for drinking water for the house and one RO/DI for the fish tank, I would like to combine the waste lines to go in to one drain under my kitchen sink. On the surface it seems like I could simply tee them together, should I add a check valve to each waste line? Thanks in advance for the help.

Are you planning on running both units at the same time? I dont think it would be a big deal to do so but drilling a second hole is really easy and floods suck. Just my opinion.

Both units run automatically so there is a good chance both units would run at the same time. My waste line for the drinking water runs into a tail piece on my sink drain and my sink only has one drain. I currently have my RO/DI for the fish tank in the garage. I want to have both units drain the waste water into the sink drain.

Joining the two lines could create back-pressure if both units are running simultaneously. This back pressure might cause your units to work harder and less efficiently.

That's a good point, which is why I was thinking of putting check valves on the drains. Maybe I will email BRS and see what they recommend in this case.

Back