Journey of a BTA, bleach to riches.

Tron_954

Different lights, and age of the tank. Maybe I photoshopped em differently, regardless, point is, my anemone went from death to full of life.

Photo_John

the pics are not real!

NYC ppl always hatin'. how about those tigers!

Congrats on the nem, bringing them back is alot of fun. Your exposure or processing was different but they were taken months apart, to expect exactly the same processing is ridiculous. The amount of trouble it would take to paint a nem would be way more effort than just feeding it in a nice home. I think its real

Tron_954

pffft, understatement, i could post pics of that rock covered in acros, then as he moved up and stretched more n more ive had to clear the entire rock! lol

Tron_954

& for all the haters....

first pic is with an iphone
second with a point and shoot
third with a DSLR & Post processing, as to why the colors look so intense

BonsaiNut

Premium Member
Nice job! Good looking photo series. Regardless of exact color correction, it clearly shows transition from bleached to healthy zooxanthellae. Thanks for sharing!

kevonstl

My bleach bta still have not get their color back. What are you feeding them and how often. What other steps you do. My still bleach in 3 months already

bnaef17

My bleach bta still have not get their color back. What are you feeding them and how often. What other steps you do. My still bleach in 3 months already

I had good success bringing a nem back with frozen mysis soaked in selcon. Fed about a quarter cube every three days or so.

Reefing Newbie

Feeding mysis shrimp 2-3 times a week is what I think he does, I remember seeing something like that in his other thread. I feed both of my bleached BTAs mysis every three days and they are starting to get some red on the tips of their tentacles! Regular waterchanges and proper lighting do a lot as well.

Tron_954

As the other member said... I would hand feed shrimp / krill every other 3-4 days, then about every week, now I don't.

Lights, clean water, food... He'll color up ASAP!