July Meet

Hedonist

Premium Member
July's meet will be organized by Jason. It wil be a trip to the coast to harvest some foodstuffs for our aquatic pets.. and to enjoy a day at the coast....

Details will follow

Denise

Stuck? -at the top. Or a sticky thread.

Will go collecting in Boothbay Harbor again. I've got to look at a tide calender to get a date. It's best to do it at low tide, in the middle of the day. We can go through the DMR aquarium after as well.

Jason

Looking at the tide calender, sunday July 2nd low tide is at 10:30 am. Not a bad tide. July 4th is on the following tuesday so not sure if folks have plans or not ( I think monday is going to be another holiday for me:) ) Collecting/aquarium visit/lunch on the coast, not a bad day. Next best chance would be later in the month.
Jason

I vote for later in the month. Im going to be gone for the 4th of July weekend, and im guessing other might be as well?
Just my 2 cents.
thanks for the link!

The following weekend is a possibility. Saturday (8th)low tide @ 3:14 am. Is this too early??? Or, we can go in the afternoon and catch the 3:11pm low tide. We don't have to be there right at low tide. Maybe meet at my house (or in Wiscasset for folks coming from the south) around 12 noon -1pm or so and head for Boothbay. I think the aquaium is open until 5pm.
Jason

Rain or shine? It's up to you, although shine would be much better.

Not sure about a tour of the phytoplankton farm. They are separate from DMR. They might have something on their website though.

I am trying to resereve a camp site for the weekend of the 7-9 but if the meeting is going to be on the 8th I don't want to go camping. Is the meeting for sure going to be 8th? Someone please let me know asap..

Thanks
Rose

So Its looking like the July 8th?

I might just do this instead of having a birthday BBQ :)
What bettery way to ring in your 21'st birthday than collecting pods for the aquarium!

Back