June 2015 Tank of the Month

WOW Greg, awesome job!

I really enjoyed reading your write up, especially how you dealt with the issues that are so prevalent in the hobby. I like how you rinse the macro algae to remove debris that gets caught in it and stirring your sump at night to feed the display :thumbsup:

I've always admired your reefing skills. To me, the SPS colors you achieve are crazy! Camera skills aren't too shabby either :lolspin:

I'm looking forward to your 3rd TOTM down the road! :dance:

I am always amazed at how many TOTM's use the KISS method of reef keeping. Good basic husbandry, good skimmer, lights, and a fuge. No fancy foods/supplements.

Just a spectacular tank and a great write up. Congrats!!!!

WOW Greg, awesome job!

I really enjoyed reading your write up, especially how you dealt with the issues that are so prevalent in the hobby. I like how you rinse the macro algae to remove debris that gets caught in it and stirring your sump at night to feed the display :thumbsup:

I've always admired your reefing skills. To me, the SPS colors you achieve are crazy! Camera skills aren't too shabby either :lolspin:

I'm looking forward to your 3rd TOTM down the road! :dance:

Thank you Elliott - right back at ya' - apparently we have a mutual admiration for each other.

I am always amazed at how many TOTM's use the KISS method of reef keeping. Good basic husbandry, good skimmer, lights, and a fuge. No fancy foods/supplements.

Just a spectacular tank and a great write up. Congrats!!!!

Thank you! I am amazed how many people try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to this hobby. I am all for innovations but only if they make things easier to manage. I have enough complicated stuff in my life that I can't control so I like to keep most of what is in my control as uncomplicated as possible which include my reef tanks. :spin1:

Congrats!!! Your success and perseverance are outstanding.

Quick question for you, can you explain your preferred quarantine process when adding new fish into your big tank? Just curious which best practices you have chosen to follow to prevent the introduction of parasites into your system.

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. I went back and read your original write-up from 2010 before this year's... what an adventure.

Congratulations x 2!

From 1 old dude to another.... Congratulations!! :thumbsup:
Thank you

Congrats!!! Your success and perseverance are outstanding.

Quick question for you, can you explain your preferred quarantine process when adding new fish into your big tank? Just curious which best practices you have chosen to follow to prevent the introduction of parasites into your system.
Thanks for the compliment. For fish I have a spare tank on my prop system that I can use for QT when needed so I can keep an eye on them.

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. I went back and read your original write-up from 2010 before this year's... what an adventure.

Congratulations x 2!

Thanks very much. Wow that is a long read (even though it's the Reader's Digest version) - I'm impressed you made your way through it all, thanks again. :beer:

Very nice tank, congrats on TOTM! And an excellent write up. I always enjoy reading the story, the real story, of someone's tank. Thank you for sharing not just the good, but the bad. Too many times I feel tanks and stories are only shared when things are going well, and the bad is glossed over. For newbies like me, that can make things more difficult. Make it seem like these problems we face are unique to us.

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your beautiful tank but also for your wonderfully honest account of the difficulties you have faced and overcome. As someone just in their second year of reefing, it is inspiring to read of such perseverance and dedication to the hobby. I have bookmarked both of your columns for future reference. Thank you again.

Big congratulations Greg!
Thanks Darryl

Hi Greg,
That's a great achievement !
You have some great diversity in your system :bigeyes:
Thank you. Diversity is what I am aiming for so thanks. :spin3:

Very nice tank, congrats.
Thank you kindly.

Very nice tank, congrats on TOTM! And an excellent write up. I always enjoy reading the story, the real story, of someone's tank. Thank you for sharing not just the good, but the bad. Too many times I feel tanks and stories are only shared when things are going well, and the bad is glossed over. For newbies like me, that can make things more difficult. Make it seem like these problems we face are unique to us.
Thanks I'm glad you liked the write up. This hobby is full of ups & downs - and in my opinion the best things in life often challenge us which helps us appreciate them more.
I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your beautiful tank but also for your wonderfully honest account of the difficulties you have faced and overcome. As someone just in their second year of reefing, it is inspiring to read of such perseverance and dedication to the hobby. I have bookmarked both of your columns for future reference. Thank you again.
Thanks very much I am really glad you found the article worth the read.

Thanks Skip.

well you did again buddy...respect,not an easy task:beer:
Congrats greeeeeg:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You are one of the best and i really enjoyed too,the details you gave!

Well deserved!

well you did again buddy...respect,not an easy task:beer:
Congrats greeeeeg:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You are one of the best and i really enjoyed too,the details you gave!

Well deserved!

Thanks a lot Mike. Appreciate your continual support over the years.

Back