Just a couple of pics

spanglish

IMG_2749_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2716_edited-1.jpg

awesome pics, that second one of the blenny is sort of creepy though, what camera do you use

ow those are some awsome pics if you dont mind me asking how much did the camera run you with the lenes 2(even a round about would help)i really need a new one and those have to be the best pics ive seen on RC since ive belonged

I agree with chris31, I'm blown away by the quality of those pictures. I just recently purchased some Ricordea and was wondering if they have spread in your tank or do they take a while to split?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10404099#post10404099 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Regan
I agree with chris31, I'm blown away by the quality of those pictures. I just recently purchased some Ricordea and was wondering if they have spread in your tank or do they take a while to split?

Thanks for the compliments.

The camera (without lens) was about $ 700.00.
I already had the film version, so I was able to
use my previous lens (35mm-80mm zoom).

I recently purchased the macro in a killer sale from amazon.com.
I got an $800.00 lens for $400.00

Oh, and the ricordea are slow to split....I've had them
about six months and have only had a couple reproduce.

Wow, those are fabulous pictures! I hate, hate, HATE the new camera I bought last year. (Sony Cyber-Shot) It can't take a decent picture to save it's life. Is that Canon pretty easy to operate?

I love how that big top rock sits in your fourth picture. Is it just balanced that way or do you have it hooked together somehow?

I think the canon is easy. I do recommend using a tripod,
and I even use the timer to avoid any movement from my
touching the button.
The rock is "balanced/wedged" against back glass and other
rock. I didn't realize how little it is resting on the lower rock
(about 3/4") until months after it was all set up and stocked.

I used to worry, but have gotten past that after nearly a year.

blasto.

I have had great success with some and lousy with others.
It is probably in too much light , but seems to like it.

Sweet pics!! Hopefully my tank will look like that some day.

That is some really good quality but you don't have to have $1600 in photo equipment to take nice pics like that. I have a $400 Canon S3 IS which is an incredible camera, really easy to operate and my pics come out just as nice.

REALLY good idea to use the timer!! Never thought of that!

Back