Just bought a 75 reef ready.

dphins

Last place no more!
Premium Member
I just bought a tank and thought I would ask for some advice on setting it up. Any do's or don'ts???

don't let it sit in your basement for a year like i did with mine. it really starts to depress you. i just filled mine with live rock from gateway aquatics and I'm much happier.

Ryan

i heard sunday from harry

we were laughing about it

set it up like you had it and get on it

(did you get all your t5 light bulbs back)

I was going to run the overflow water straight into my skimmer. I have a choice of using a mag 12 or a mag 5. If I use the mag 12, I think the flow thru the skimmer will be to high.
I don't know if I have all my lights, I will have to check on that. I don't know if I will go with mh or t-5's. I heard mh are pretty good.:)

plumbit were it get raw water and put it on a ball valve to adjust how much you want andf the rest of the water back in the sump

ALSO NO RIO PUMPS

I wouldn't cycle with damsels. Just use live rock and sand. Do a search for Waterkeeper threads. He has a couple on the new forum area. Well worth the read!:mixed:

You haven't been out that long! Not much has changed in a year. Nothings changed really except some of the T5ers have gone back to mh and vho's, red bugs are everywhere, and a new indestructable flatworm has become a curse that eats acros (AEFW).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9286813#post9286813 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dphinsx2
Does anybody in the area have these new indestructable flatworm?

Thinking about keeping one?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9286813#post9286813 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dphinsx2
Does anybody in the area have these new indestructable flatworm?

I got a small frag from a well known guy on the SPS forum that had a couple on it. I had just been reading about these guys and checked out the frag with a magnifying glass. Managed to notice the damage very early and they had just laid eggs on the small rock the frag was on, so needless to say, that frag didn't go into the main system. I didn't have the proper equipment to set up a frag treatment tank, so I lost that frag...but better than losing the whole tank of frags to them. The guy I got it from didn't even realize that he had them. He has since broken down his tank, treated his corals, and set a new tank up. His former tank looked awesome and by just looking at pics, there was no reason to believe he had any SPS parasites....but he did. There are long threads discussing the treatment of these guys over in the SPS forum. Best thing to have would be a coral QT.

Back